Chapter 25 (Trigger Warning)

A/N: Typing with acrylic nails aaaahhhhh this is so hard.

Trigger Warning: If you or someone you love has ever been suicidal, attempted suicide, etc. this could be a triggering chapter.

Phil's POV

Dan seemed weird when he left my house New Years Day. I couldn't quite tell what it was. He just seemed...sad. I wish I could read minds so I could know what's been wrong. Then again, it would just be easier if he could tell me himself, but I definitely know that sometimes that's easier said than done.

I didn't sleep well the night after Dan left. I was crazy worried for some reason and was a lot more paranoid than normal. I got really upset about that because I've been doing so much better lately and my paranoia had gone down a lot. I guess everyone has bad days sometimes, no matter how well they've been recovering...I didn't sleep well and I kept thinking I heard noises in the house.

The next day was pretty normal. I helped to take down the Christmas decorations and got the house looking back to the way it was. That took up a pretty good chunk of the day and it was quite a bit of work, so afterwards, I fell asleep on the couch for what was only supposed to be a few minutes, but ended up being a couple of hours.

What finally woke me up was my phone ringing. I blinked a couple of times, trying to process what was going on. Finally, I came to my senses and dug my phone out of my pocket. It's 6:01 p.m.! I guess that explains why it's dark outside. I look at my phone and see that it's Dan calling. I answer the phone immediately and smile.

"Hey, Dan."

"Ph-Phil?"

"Yeah, who else would it be? You dialed my number," I joke.

"Are you busy? A-Are you doing anything?"

"No, not really. Why, do you wanna do something?"

I hear nothing.

"Are you still there?"

"Y-Yeah, I..."

"Are you okay?" I ask, growing concerned.

There's another long pause.

"No..." Dan finally croaks out.

"What's wrong?" 

"How could they do this to me?" He asks, "How could anyone do that to someone?"

"Dan, what are you on about?"

"I tried to kill myself."

I sit straight up at hearing this and my heart falls to my gut.

"What?!"

I can hear Dan crying on the other line, "Oh God, I shouldn't have told you that, I'm sorry, I-I just - "

"Where are you? I'm coming to you now," I say, standing from the couch and heading upstairs to my room.

"You don't have to do that, I-I just wanted someone to talk to and - "

"Well you've got me, and I'm going to come help you. Stay on the line, I'm gonna pack a bag, let my mum know I'm leaving and I'll be right over."

"Are you going to stay over?"

"Are you going to be home alone tonight?"

"...Yes."

"Then yes, I'm staying over."

"Will your mum be okay with that? You've never stayed at my place, a-and there won't be an adult here, and I know she's suspicious of us enough as it is..."