Dancing In The Rain: 2

EDITED BY @MISSXDSMILEY

                                                             Chapter Two

                                                             Phoebe POV

When I finish the sketch of Caitlyn, I look at the time. It's six PM, which means mum will be home any minute. I quickly put my art supplies, hidden in the bottom of my closet and grab my favorite book, Charlotte's Web, and begin to read it on the couch.

A few minutes later mum walks into the door. Her hands are full. She must have gone grocery shopping before she came home.

"Hello sweetie. I got some cookies. Also, dun dun dun!” she says, creating suspense.

She paused the opened door, with a huge surprise, with daddy.

"A new bike! I saw it when I was shopping, and thought all three of us could go for a family bike ride! Don't you love it?" Mummy sounded really excited, and I was too.

The beautiful bike was pink, probably because mum says dark colors signals bad thoughts. It had a water bottle holder, with a pink water bottle in it, and it looked really expensive, and normally mum doesn't buy things too expensive. She must really want to go on a family bike ride.

"That sounds great, mum! Finally a way to burn off the calories from the cookies and treats you and dad give me."

Maybe, if I prove to mum that I am a responsible, mature, young lady, I can ride my bike alone outside to get in shape for gym class when school starts.

Mummy and daddy brought the bike into the apartment and I stored it next to my bed, and came back into the living room to see what mum had planned for dinner.

"What are we having for dinner, mum?" I asked her.

"We will be going out for dinner to a fancy Bistro restaurant, we have some news for you at dinner." Mum answered.

We headed out the door of our apartment, and walked to the subway. When we got on the train, it only took us four minutes and then we were there. We all exited the subway and walked up stairs to ground level.

"This way, dear." Mum guided me.

When we finally got to the restaurant, a nice waitress brought us to a table in the back. When we sat down and ordered our food, I knew it was time for that news mum was telling me about.

Caitlyn POV

When everyone had stopped laughing, Christine started on the cookies, while I worked on my cake. I left the inside hollow to put the Blue Moon ice cream in after, I put the plain square into the oven and set the timer.

Once it started to bake, I walked over to the grocery store, again, and bought two quarts of blue moon ice cream. Whatever we don't use at the end of the day, Jim gives to us, so hopefully I won't use it all, but I may have to.

When I finished shopping, I got check out, went back to the baekry and put the ice cream into the freezer. I heard a beep, from the oven and pulled out my cake.

I decided putting in the ice cream would be the last thing I do, so that it doesn't melt. I started to frost, Happy 6th birthday Brianna, when a lady walked in with her husband. I finished off writing that, and went up to the front counter.

"Hi, welcome to Jim's Bakery, how may I help you?" I asked the couple.

"Well, we're having a small wedding, and heard you guys are the bakery around, could you maybe make a cake, like that is love-themed,"

"Sure, how many layers and when do you need it by?"

"Ummm, what do you think is best for thirty-five guests?"

"Four layers, minimum,"

"Sure, we'll go with four and our wedding is in three days. Could you get it done by then?"

"Sure, could we get your phone number and if you'd like, we can deliver it at your wedding that day, if you give us the address,"

"Here's the information. Sounds great!”

"Thanks for coming to Jim's Bakery! Come again!"

When they left the bakery, I began to work on my cake again, after I wrote down the information about their cake. I really want to do this cake.

When I finished frosting Brianna's cake, I put the Blue Moon ice cream into it, snapped a photo of it to put in our catalogue, and then put it into the refrigerator, to be stored until Brianna comes to pick it up at 5 today.

Christine just finished the thirty cookies, with six extra to put on display. Christine and I decided to go update our inventory of supplies. When we got to the shop, we split up, and got what we needed and decided to go get a snack at the cafe in the shop.

Since their cafe is actually their deli, we got some chicken nuggets and sit at a small table in the back.

"So, who's going to be making the wedding cake?" Christine asked.

"Well, we have to make it tomorrow and you won't be there so, I will be making probably with Jim, unless we get more orders. If we get more, Jim will probably be making it."

We ate in silence for a few minutes before going to get some ice cream, which is next to the deli. I got Blue Moon, it's my favorite. Then, we grabbed the supplies and headed to the checkout lane.

Realizing the scene in front of me, I whisper,

"Get down, NOW!" To Christine.

I knew we were in trouble, we were lying on the ground, awaiting our fate, when I saw something really familiar.

Uh oh. It was Brian. And his friends. This is not good. I always thought Brian was the good guy.

"Stay down, Christine."

I got up, and walked to Brian. He was attempting a robbery. I hoped he loves me that much, he wouldn't kill me.

"Why are you doing this, Brian?" I asked him.

He pointed the gun at me, and one of his friends, put their hand over my mouth and duct taped my hands and lips, then dragged me into a truck.