It's Him: Prolouge

Okay, A/N Here’s the prolouge for It’s Him. This story might be the shortest, might be the longest. It’s moving quite quickly so I might be able to enter it into the Watty Awards. Umm, I decided to HWCE at the ending because I liked how I left you hanging. Anyways, thanks to everyone who has been reading this. Most of the chapters are in the midst of editing and I’ll post the edited chapters as I go. if you’d like to know if it is edited or not, just look at the beginning. If it is, it will say, Edited by katielynn123.

Thanks for reading!

UNEDITED READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

It’s Him

Prolouge

“Devon! Give me back my brush!” I yell, quite loud. I didn’t mean to be so loud because the walls are so thin, the neighbors would have probably heard me. It’s been one week since we’ve moved back to New York, and my first day here, as well as Caitlyn’s. Devon came early [Behind our backs of course] and bought furniture and set my room, and Caitlyn and Devon’s room.

Even though Caitlyn and Devon have only been dating for about two weeks, they’ve become really close. I think it’s going to be a little awkward for me though living with a couple. Anyways, back to what I was saying. I was unpacking my toiletries because I just woke up from sleeping about fifteen hours and my hair and teeth are a mess. But, Devon decided it would be funny to steal my brush. So, here I was trying to get my brush for my hair back.

“Nah, I’m good.” He says half-laughing.

I continue to chase Devon. Luckily, the racket wakes up Caitlyn, and she makes Devon give back my brush. Of course, since she can’t yell/talk, she just glares at Devon and he gives it back. Then, she smiles.

Facial expressions, facial expressions.

“Hey, Kate, Devil, want to go out to New York’s finest bakery?” I ask. I know Caitlyn worked there, so maybe she can get her job back, because we won’t last long here without some money.

Caitlyn nods and Devon says yes. So, I decide I might as well dress up nicely. On the way to New York, Caitlyn and I stopped at a mall and got a whole new wardrobe because mum and dad gave us one hundred thousand dollars, mostly out of sympathy for Caitlyn. We were both fine with it though. Money is money.

I grab my Hollister [mini] dress and a pair of heels. I admire myself in the mirror, and how much skin I was showing was beautiful. It could definitely attract any guy. Let’s just hope that guy isn’t Devon. He probably only has eyes for Caitlyn, anyways.

When all of us are ready, we decide that we’ll walk to the bakery. We need some exercise, too.

It takes about ten minutes by foot, and we got there in seven minutes.

Caitlyn POV

As we enter the bakery, I can faintly remember this mesmerizing smell, and realized how much I missed this place. The bell dinged on the door, and Jim’s head popped up from what he was working. He saw Caitlyn and his mouth propped open into a wide circle.

I ran up to the counter and hugged Jim.

“Jim, who’s here?” Christine asks from the back. Her eyes glue on mine and squeals, running towards the counter.

“Caitlyn! Oh my gosh! I missed you so much! It’s been really quiet without you.” Christine says.

I smile, and thank my dear Devon for taking over for me.

“I’m Devon, Caitlyn’s boyfriend, and that is Phoebe, Caitlyn’s sister. I meant to tell you, Caitlyn can’t speak. At least for a couple of years.”

Jim’s smile transforms into a frown.

“Why?” He asks.

“Well, um. She was raped, back in England. And, the shock stole her voice.” Devon says.

Devon puts his arm around my waist, trying to comfort me. It works. He can fix anything.

“I’m sorry...” Jim trails off.

We sit in silence for about another minute until Jim cuts the silence.

“So, we’re pretty short on employee’s here as we haven’t hired anyone yet. Christine had to move up to your full time position. Would you like to work part time?”

I nod. Why wouldn’t I? I get my dream job back, even if I’m mute.

I grab my phone of my pocket.

But, I can’t talk. How I am supposed to use the register, and greet customers?

Jim laughs.

“Who cares? You’re the one who keeps us motivated to work here and come everyday. Why would you think that mattered to me? You know I’m not one to judge.”

I smile. I just love Jim.

Phoebe POV

After spending about two hours at the bakery, eating sweets, getting a stomach ache and just getting to know eachother, I decided we should be going. It was about nine PM and we had a big day tomorrow because we’ll be getting groceries, and Caitlyn starts working.

I decided to spend three hundred and fifty dollars of our one hundred thousand dollars and got myself a laptop. So, I guess since it is December twenty, I get to plan what we do for New Years eve.

So, I decided to make a list of what I’d need. And, head to the twenty-four hour marketplace and get my list once Caitlyn and Devon went to sleep.