Dancing In The Rain: 8

Phoebe

"Miss Phoebe, I have some surprising news." John stated. "When I was reading through the newspaper this paper this morning, I saw a page that said, Missing Caitlyn Hendren. Is she your sister?"

"Yes, sir. Though she doesn't keep in contact with us anymore." He took another look at the newspaper, then nodded. "Is she your sister?" John turned the newpaper so that I could see and pointed at a girl.

I gasped, and a tear ran down my cheek. Even though I never see her, it seems like she has always been here with me, like before. That she never ran away, never called us. She's gone.

Not once have I ever though about if Caitlyn got kidnapped. When I was six, I always thought that we'd always be in the apartment together forever. We haven't in a long time. I don't even know if she's alive. She could be dead for all I know.

I returned to reality after realizing that I was way out of it. I nodded. John sighed. "You poor thing. Though, I found this newscast from her friend, Christine." John turned his computer screen towards me. The New York news reporter showed up on the screen.

"This is Allison Joe reporting to you live from Times Square. We seem to have a missing twenty year old. Her name is Caitlyn Hendren. She appeared to be kidnapped in a local mini mart by her boy friend and three other men, with guns. If you see this young lady, please call 911 immediatly." They flashed a picture of Caitlyn then sent the camera to the weatherman.

A tear rushed down my cheek and I immediatly wiped it off. "I'm sorry. But, I'd like to thank you for treating my father with such kind manners. I also appreciate you paying for my father's meal."

"My pleasure, sir." John pulled out a fifty dollar bill and placed it on the desk. "Will this cover it?" "You don't need to pay me back." I replied. "Of course I do." And with that I left his office. I immediatly started working fast, hoping that the day would pass by faster.

For lunch break, I sat in an open table and tried to contact mummy and daddy. They probably haven't looked around to she's gone. I dial six times until the phone finally picked up. I heard crying and heavy breathing.

"Oh, Phoebe. Dear, come to the hospital immediatly and tell them you're looking for Sierra Hendren. We will be waiting for you." Mummy hung up. I didn't know what to do. I probably should ask John what he thinks.

When I got to his office, he looked into my eyes with concern. "Sit, sit." I sat in his multi-colored chair. "Um, my mummy called me and told me to come to the hospital immediatly, for my grandmummy. Is it okay with you that I go?" He nodded. I rushed out of the small diner and jumped on my bike. It would take me 30 minutes to get there on my bike, so I rode extra fast.

When I got there, there was a doorman with white gloves on. I rolled my bike over. He pulled it open extra wide and I walked over to the front desk. "Hello, how may I help you?" I sniffled. "Umm, I am here to see Sierra Hendren." She looked at her papers. "Oh yes. Brain tumor. Treatments gone wrong. She's on floor 3 room 101B. You'll need this card to get in. Give it to the doctor when you get in. One more thing. Please leave your bike done here. I can hold it behind the desk."

I wheeled the bike around the counter and headed towards the elevator. I clutched the card in my hand while pressing the 3 button. I heard a ding and the doors shut. The elevator didn't stop the whole short time ride up there.

Another ding and I hopped of the teeny tiny elevator. I reached room 101B in record time and slid the card. The light on the door knob turned green and I opened the door. Daddy looked at mummy with serious eyes. "Hello, dear. Sorry we didn't have you come earlier. We didn't want you to worry. You can only stay for about an hour. Then, you must go." She spoke with a serenading tone of voice. "You see, grandmummy has had a brain tumor for a year. Nothing's gone wrong, but a new nurse messed up on her treatment, and they're pretty sure she won't make it."