26- The long shot

What in God's name is going on?

In the clearing before me, is I presume Theo, in wolf formed being held down by silver chains by three different men. He was snarling, fangs bared, clawing out at them.

"We found him like this, but we don't have anything else to control him." One of the men explain to me.

I take a proper look at Theo, his eyes are wild and crazy, I take a step closer to him and he has no recognition of me what so ever. Cautiously I step further toward him, until my head is level with his snout. I give him a moment to smell me, recognise me.

But nothing happens. Instead, he lets out a fierce snarl right in my face. I look into his eyes and he stares right back, his black orbs completely black, no sign of recognition what so ever. This was alarming, it meant that his beast was fully out, that he was now fully feral.

I keep my breathing calm and my heart beat even as I keep staring him dead in the eyes. Normally, this would be seen as a threat or a sign of disrespect but as he's already chained up I'm hoping I can show him how familiar we are, our relationship.

Slowly, I hold my hand out and bring it towards his fur, his eyes follow the movement so he knows I'm about to touch him. Just as I'm mere centimetres close to him he lets out a roar, right onto my face.

I don't move, I don't flinch, I merely blink. Anything more and he would take it as a sign of weakness. This time I give him no warning, I touch his fur and sink my hand in, playing with his fur. He's tense but does nothing to stop me.

Could this be the breakthrough that we need?

That is until I find myself flat on my back on the ground with Theo's claws at me, he's struggling against his restraints but still manages to take a swipe at my arm and jaw. It takes everything inside me not to let Her react, the last thing we need is for two out of controls wolves.

"Luna! Hold on! We've nearly got it!" One of the men shout, I don't really know what they're talking about but as long as it means this will be over with soon I'm happy.

I take my bloodied arm and wipe the blood across his snout, letting him smell my blood. Last ditch attempt getting him to recognise me he stills again as he registers the smell but nothing has changed, except in that moment I shuffle away a little.

He notices and attempts to pounce on me further but is restrained by the men who seem like they've having a hard time controlling him.

They needn't have worried. We scramble to our feet and She comes to the surface with Her own growl. She gives as good as She gets which doesn't sit well with Theo as he snaps his jaws at her repeatedly, powerless to do much damage.

With a shout we are thrown something and She allows me enough control to identify the object, a syringe. Without hesitation I take it as Theo is getting more and more restless, fighting against his chains, I plunge it into him spilling its contents into his body.

He's fighting against it but moments later he collapses in a heap on the ground. The relief is so real right now, I was emotionally drained. The men are more on top of things than I am, they've quickly made a makeshift stretcher and begin to haul him out of there. I wonder what made him get into such a state, I had never seen an Alpha lose control before.

I take a moment to shake off my mental exhaustion in order to investigate this cabin.

"Luna, there a quite a few men in the cabin, we've managed to search the whole premises and most if not all of the men will need medical attention. With your permission we'd like to call in a few more doctors and nurses to help monitor and treat them. We've found lots of paperwork and vials, we'd like to send off samples in order to see what we're dealing with."