30 Surprising mail

I drag myself out of bed exhausted, yet somehow – lighter. It was killing me inside that I couldn't share my past, such an integral part of me with my soulmate. Although, I do wish it was under better circumstances, Theodidn't end up reconvening the meeting. Instead he gave orders for anincrease of patrols around the borders.

That's where he wasnow, border patrolling. Before I went to bed myself I checked in oneverybody and was dreaming of a nice hot bath, but right now the onlything I can think of is getting some much needed shut eye. Even though I was nodding off in Theo's lap I didn't get to taste the sweetness of sleep.

I flop onto the bed and crawl under the covers my brain mush, feeling as though one wrong turn could make it leak through my ears. My body shuts down as soonas my head hits the pillow.

I awake at once unsure of what exactly has awoken me, a quick look at the time tells me there's plenty of sleep time left yet. Why am I awake? The rain stopsand I hear a muffled thud and a curse, ah so it wasn't the rain.

My wolf must have woken me up as she sensed Theo, although why she felt it was important enough to wake me up is another matter. The little sleep I had, had done wonders for me but more would have definitely been better, sadly, I feel too awake now. Theo steps out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel, now  I'm more than just awake and shamelessly checking him out.

He smirks, ego fully inflated and questions, "I thought you were asleep?"

"You woke me up," I pout, mock upset.

"My deepest apologies Ma'am,"he drawls with a southern twang and a tip of his non-existent Stetson, "I'll make it up to you." He vows walking closer to me.

"Oh? And how do you plan on doing that?" This flirty side of me has comeout of nowhere.

He smirks again, "trust me sweetheart, I know a few ways," he winks conspirationally, I pretend to think about it as he closes the gap between us and cups my face in his calloused palms. "In all seriousness my love, I don't want you to worry about him. I shouldhave said this earlier but we will do everything in our power to protect you and our cubs. Whatever it takes. Okay?"

The sincereity In his eyes speaks volumes and I'm moved beyond words, I know he meant everything he said, so instead of answering him I bringhis lips to mine and let my actions do the talking.

***

I awake earlier than Theo for once, so decide to check in with thepack. Some of them had started on breakfast already, as I was making my way to help them one of the wolves who had just come from patrol stopped me.

"Luna, a wolf from the Red Moon Pack gave this for you, he met us by the border."

I thank him, intrigued, by the thick envelope with the wax seal.Breakfast forgotten, I head back towards our bedroom racking my brains for anything I knew about the Red Moon Pack. I come up with nothing.