Chapter 3

Amari P.O.V

I drove to the beach and just sat in the sand, thinking. I started to doze off so I decided to go back to Riah's house because I didn't feel like being alone in a huge house.

~5 minutes later~

I got to Riah's house, she doesn't live far from the beach. I knew she would be sleep by now because it's 1:00am. So I just used my key to get in. When I got in I went straight to Riah's room and took off everything but my boxers. I got in bed and held Riah tight, she kept her eyes closed and just snuggled up against my chest.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up and Riah was gone so I checked the bathroom, but she wasn't there. I checked the living room, then the kitchen. She was still in her pajamas and she was cooking chocolate chip pancakes topped with strawberry sauce and whip cream, bacon, sunny side up, and grits. It looked so damn good, it damn near looked better then me!

Mariah: "Close your damn mouth."

Me: "Goodmorning to you too ma, you still mad at me?"

She remained quiet as she moved swifly multitasking in the kitchen.

Me: "Mariah?"

Mariah P.O.V

Amari: "Mariah?"

When we say each other's whole names, we're serious.

Me: No Amari.

Amari: "Good, now where's my food?" He said smiling showing both his deep dimples.

Me: "Make your own smartass."

While we were eating I got a text from my mom. It sounded like she was crying.

*Phone Convo*

Hello?

"Mariah, something happened to your sister. Come down to the hospital as soon as possible!" My mother said crying hysterically.

Ok mom I'm on my way.

Amari: "Are you ok?"

Me: "I don't know, something happened to my sister. We have to go!"

Amari: "Ok let's go." He said grabbing my keys to my BMW and running behind me.

~At The Hospital~

As soon as I got there I saw Nazshia, Cee, and my mother in the waiting room. They looked scared, nervous, worried, mad, irritated all wrapped in one.

Me: "Mama? What happened?"

Cierra: "Arionna-"

She was cut off by my mothers loud sobs.

Me: "She what!? What the fuck happened to Bookie? What's wrong?!"

Nazshia: "She got in a car accident with godmom and the car flipped over and landed on it's roof off the side of the road."

Cee: "We don't know anything yet. She's still in surgery"

I didn't even realize by this time tears were pouring out of my eyes, when I looked to my left Amari was standing there shocked and his eyes were starting to water. Amari was close to my sister almost like how I was.

Arionna P.O.V

Godmom: "Bookie girl, we need to hurry up and get home honey."

Arionna: "Yea, I know I'm getting tired."

Godmom: "Bookie! Look! Move!"

We dodged a bullets but got in front of a bigger one. We almost hit a dear but when I swerved I was right in front of a truck coming at us full speed.