Chapter 15

Mariah P.O.V

~ A Few Days Later ~

Me: "I am so glad I can go home and relax."

Amari: "Here, hold him real quick." He said as he walked off to start the car.

Me: "Hey lil man, daddy'll be right back." I cooed as he just stared at me.

Doctor: "Here are your release forms and Quinton looks fine, you free to go."

Amari: "Thank you Dr. Romiti." He said walking back over.

Doctor: "No problem sir."

Amari: "Ok baby, the car is right out front." He said pushing my wheel chair toward the doors.

Once we were all settled we pulled off.

Amari: "You hungry?"

Me: "A little."

Amari: "What you wanna eat?"

Me: "Burger King."

Amari: "Alright." He said pulling in to Burger King.

Me: "I want a medium fry, a whopper, and a medium sprite."

Amari: "Let me get 2 medium fries, 2 whoppers, and 2 medium sprites." He said out the window.

We got our food and returned back to driving. We got home in about 5 minutes.

Amari: "Baby you need help?"

Me: "I got it." I said opening the door.

Amari: "I'll get Quinn."

Me: "Ok."

I slowly walked toward the door to our new house and opened the door. Once I got in I went straight upstairs and got some clothes out. I stripped out my clothes and headed for the shower. I scrubbed myself for a long time, the hot water felt so good stinging my skin. I stood there for another 30 minutes just thinking about my life. How me and Mari were just friends when we were 14 and 4 years later I have his child. We used to be so innocent. I'm 18 with a baby living with Mari. Wow, so much has changed so fast, I never thought I'd be here. It's amazing.

After a little more time in the shower go finally got out. I dried off and put on lotion and my bra and panties. I tossed on one of Mari's T-Shirts and put on my high baseball socks w some Nike slides. I sprayed some cotton candy perfume and put my hair up in a high sloppy bun. After I was done I walked downstairs and to the kitchen where I saw Mari sitting at the table feeding and talking to Quin. He didn't see me so I kept quiet and listened.

Amari: "You don't know how scared I am lil man. I know you don't know what I'm talking about but I'll still tell you. I'm scared of raising you, I don't know what I'm doing. I never had to deal with a baby before and I'm scared of easing you wrong. I don't want you to grow up like me, or do what I do. Not that your mom would let that happen anyway but once your older no one can really stop you. I want you to treat all the girls right, go to college, and do something better with your life and don't end up like me. 18, living on my own, with my lady, a child, in a gang and constantly looking over my shoulder. It's even harder when you know it could endanger everybody you love the most, people like your mom, grandma, your uncles and aunts, even you. I don't ever want y'all getting hurt, especially not my seed. I have to protect you and your mom at all times. I love you lil man." He cooed.

Me: "Mari?" I whispered after I knocked softly on the wall and walked toward him.

Amari: "Wassup girl, you feel better?"

Me: "Yea I'm good. Are you ok?"

Amari: "Yea, I'm cool. Come here."

Me:"What?" I said sitting on his lap as he held Quinn.