Chapter 8

~The Next Morning~

Mariah P.O.V

I slept terrible last night, I had too much on my mind. I kept thinking about how I might have been wrong for beating up Aisha without letting her explain. I'm planning on telling Sa'Dia, she deserves to know. Then I kept thinking about Amari, he's only been good to me, what if the baby really isn't his? I guess I'll just talk to him at school, especially if he cried to his brother over me. I realized what time it was then I got out of bed and went to take a shower. I took a shower for a good 30 minutes then put on my underwear and bra. I decided to wear some high waisted ripped acid washed jeans, with a plain black crop top, and my all black 13's. I left my hair curly, that swayed right above my butt whenever I walked. I put on natural makeup and my light pink lip gloss. To top my outfit off I put on my gold linked chain and my gold linked watch. After I got ready I ate breakfast then grabbed my keys, phone, charger and purse. On my way to school my phone started buzzing and when I looked over it was Amari calling. Should I answer?

*PHONE CONVO*

Amari: "Hello? Baby I-"

Me: "What do you want Amari?" I said with all the attitude I had.

Amari: "I miss you and I know I messed up but I promise you the baby isn't mine!"

Me: "How the hell do you know that? I'm not about to sit here and be played Amari! You need to show me a negative DNA test but for right now I honestly don't want nothing to do with you or that bitch Ana!"

Amari: "Baby I don't want nothing to do with her either! We messed around 4 years ago!"

Me: "And when did we meet?"

Amari: "4 years ago." He said sounding ashamed.

Me: "That's what I thought!" I said hanging up on him.

*DONE*

I hope he doesn't ruin my day! By this time I was already in the school parking lot. I got out of the car and began walking toward my locker which was exactly across from Amari's. I opened my locker pretending I didn't see him.

Amari: "I know you see me."

Me: "Oh." I said being a smartass.

Amari: "Baby please don't act like that, you been riding for me ever since we met even before we made it official! Remeber when you beat up that girl Tyra just because she talked to me? Baby I want you back and I'm so sorry. I got with Ana 2 months before I met you, I didn't cheat."

Me: "Amari you really wanna ruin my day don't you? It's not about if you cheated or not but now theirs a baby involved! A human fucking being! I'm sorry I know I'm supposed to be this perfect ride or die but, this, I can't handle! I need time to think."

Amari: "I don't wanna ruin your day Mariah. Take all the time you need, I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes." He said sadly and began walking away.

I felt so bad. I know he was crushed, you could tell just by the look on his face. I can't just accept that he could possibly have a 3 year old son. I'm 17 going on 18, too young for kids and too young to be a step mom! I was snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. I hurried and rushed to my class.

~After School~

Amari hasn't said anything else to me all day, but I'm guessing it's because I kept telling him I need to think. No matter how confused I am with him, I still love him. He's staring at me now, I can't just walk to my car peacefully. It looked like he was gonna say something but then his phone rang and I wasn't wasting my time. I just got in my car and drove home.