Chapter 21

Aisha P.O.V

I'm now 3 months pregnant and my baby bump is starting to poke, in my opinion, it's cute. Trey has been so supportive throughout the whole pregnancy but he's been on edge lately because of Amri's arrest. "Babe are you ok?" He asked sitting on the floor next to me. "I'm fine, I should be asking you that?"

"I'm ok... I guess. Just trying to keep it together."

"Babe he'll be fine."

"Who?" He said trying to pretend like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Amari." I sighed rubbing his back. He didn't say anything, he just sat there in deep thought.

"Come on, let's go baby shopping. Maybe It'll take your mind off of it for a while." I smiled pulling him toward the door.

***

We just finished shopping and was just sitting at the food court because my feet started hurting. We've been here for hours! "So you think of any baby names?" Trey asked eating his ice cream.

"If it's a girl I wanna name her Alexis and if it's a boy I was thinking, Deshawn or he could be a junior."

"I like all of them, especially Trey Jr." He smiled and pecked my lips.

"You ready to go?" He asked picking up a million shopping bags.

"Yup." I smiled. Right now, things couldn't be any better.

Mariah's P.O.V

~August 23 (Amari's Trial)~

I sat there still, as I heard people shuffling around and the judge bang the gavel. Papers were being placed in suit cases and it was all overwhelming. My body tensed and I felt a lump in my throat as they placed the handcuffs on him.

Tears just came pouring down my face as I heard the judge say "guilty". How am I supposed to do this alone? Amari isn't gonna be there when I give birth to his second child. I'm going to have to explain to Quinn where his father is once he's old enough to talk.

I saw Amari's lips say "I'm sorry" from across the court room as tears were in his eyes.

"THIS IS ALL SOME FUCKING BULLSHIT!" Trey screamed as he was being escorted out of the court room.

"Let go! Fuck you!" Trey screamed, mugging the judge.

"Trey let's go! Get in the damn car before you go to jail too!" Ab yelled in his face as I was still sitting there in shock, it felt like I couldn't move.

"Mariah? Come girl we have to leave now." Sa'Dia said pulling me up but I almost fell because I felt so weak. I got in Sa'Dia's car and the ride was silent as I just stared out the window without saying a word.

"Riah are you sure you'll be ok?" She asked as we pulled to the house. I nodded my head and walked away in silence.

I'm glad Mama Jacky had Quinn tonight because my head is just not in the right place right now. I've been crying all night and all I can do is curl into a ball under the covers and drown myself in thought. This all happened way too fast, he didn't deserve this.

They took him away from me.

Zar P.O.V

~Days Later~

I was sitting at my desk counting money until I heard several gun shots and seen the shadow of peoples feet shuffle by, under the crack of the door. "Awe shit." I whispered to myself. I crawled under my desk to grab my gun and hid in the closet.
I heard the door to my office bust down and a couple niggas talking. I don't know who the hell they are or what they're looking for but they got me fucked up. One guy opened the closet and several shots were fired.