Is this a date or a murder interrogation?

Hey guys! There are gonna be some really slow updates for a month or two. I've got exams coming up and it's taking up most of my time. Sorry!

"He looked at her the way she needed to be looked at. Like the world could crumble and he wouldn't blink. "

----------

Sometimes when someone says you look beautiful, you look at yourself in the mirror to judge their judgements. Currently i was busy doing the same.

The girl infront of me was dressed up in a black long chiffon shirt that ended up my mid thigh, while I wore a thigh high black leggings with them.
I didn't want to get over dressed for the date, but if Xavier's normal type of date was taken into consideration, I knew I had wear something formal. To top that look, I had thrown on a blue denim long jacket.

Now i won't get all cliché and say that I didn't recognize the girl in the mirror, but I can surely say that I cleaned up pretty well. I smiled at my reflection while taking an overall look and saw Nora in the mirror, standing at the back of me. Actually, standing would rather be a lie since she was practically jumping up and down with an ear to ear grin on her face. I turned to face her and held my arms up.

"So... How do i look?" I asked with a tint of nervousness. I was replied with a sharp squeal and then being tackled onto the ground.

"Is it okay if I say I wanna turn into a lesbian because of how hot you look?" I heard her muffled voice from above me. I winced.

"Umm... How about a no?"

"Oooh! Shot down!" She sighed dramatically. Rolling my eyes, i pushed her off of me and stood back up, brushing my fingers into my hair to check for any knot. Satisfied with them, i patted Nora's back and smiled at her. She beamed at me and tackled me into another bear hug. I groaned.

I wonder if she ate alot of sugar or something cuz' she was acting a little too hyper.

"Okay you gotta stop doing that." I scowled at her. She threw her hands up in surrender.

"Okay okay! No hugs for you now!" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm glad." And then she rolled her eyes.

The doorbell ringing diverted both of our attention. Nervousness began to take over me. I felt my heart beating fast. Would Xavier like how i dressed? Am I gonna live upto the girls whom he dated previously?

I began to step outside my room while the questions and insecurity began to overwhelm me. I entered the living room and saw Xavier sitting on a sofa while he was looking at Nora with what seemed like amusement. Nora on the otjer side seemed a little flushed and was looking at the floor. I almost rolled my eyes.

"Hey." I said. Xavier looked at me and his eyes widened. I felt him taking in how I look. He inhaled sharply. I bit my lip.

"You look... I mean.. I- I" mu heart sank. He was trying to find some good compliment. I guess i didn't stand upto those girls. Trying not to let that dampen my mood, I spoke.

"It's okay. You look good." Xavier for a long while didn't say anything. He just kept staring. And as if he just stepped out of his trance he looked at me.