hey there disappointment, it's been a while

"She's been through hell, so believe me when I say that fear her when she looks into the fire and smiles."
----------------

"Troubles in paradise huh?" Nora plopped down on my bed. My head turned towards her and I gave her a forced smile.

"I dunno.. maybe.." I sighed loudly.

"What happened?" Her expressions morphed into concern. I shut my eyes close.

"Xavier hasn't replied to my text I sent him three hours ago." Nora rolled her eyes.

"So what stupid? He's probably just busy..." I shook my head gloomily.

"I know for a fact that he saw my text. And it's not just today. He's been acting weird for the past whole week. Everytime I ask him to make some plan together he comes up with some street fighting excuse and cancels it. And now he is answering my texts after so long... I think something's wrong.." I said, fidgeting with my phone.

It had been a whole week. Eversince we went third base. Xavier's been acting off. He's been distant with me and I have no clue what is wrong and what to do about it.

"Do you think it's probably cuz' I didn't put out?" I asked Nora.

"It better not be the reason. Or I'll kick that man's ass to the sun and back." Her eyes narrowed at the wall. Poor wall. My lips twitched a little. The thought of Nora trying to hurt Xavier was hilarious. She was a petite and small framed girl with no clue about how to make a fist. And Xavier was a streetfighter and an amazing one at that. No rocket science what's gonna happen there eh?

"I think I'll go over at his place.." I said decisively. Nora nodded at me.

"You do that girl!" I stared at her blankly. She smiled sheepishly at me.

"I can't pull that off can I?"

"Not even close."

"Yeah I figured that.." she shrugged. "So what're you gonna do about Xavier?"

"I dunno.. we already had to watch a movie today. I insisted to watch it with him, so I'm kinda excited about that.." Nora stared at me with amusement, shaking her head.

"What?"

"You're such a putty in his hands.." she laughed.

"I am not!" I protested. "I just wanted to watch it with him cuz' I wanted to see his reaction!"

"Okay.. sure." Nora said, clearly not believing me. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Just shut up." I muttered.

---------------

I'm hurting baby
I'm broken down
I need your lovin' lovin'
I need it now

I groaned, trying to slap the sound away.

Your sugar
Yes please
Won't you come and put it-

"Shut upp!" I muttered at the phone. And when it refused to stop blasting my sleep away, I decided it was time to wake up. I sat up on my bed and grabbed my phone.

"Yes?" I snapped into the phone.

"Babe?" My anger melted away. I tried to smile.

"Yes baby?"

"I can't make it to the movie today. I'm sorry." Disappointment bubbled within me. My smile faded away.

"It's fine. We'll do it someother time. " I said softly; Probably trying to assure myself more than him.

"Ofcourse baby. We will." He repeated after me. I tried to smile. I couldn't.

"Okay.. I'll see you.." I said.