Never call me Xavier twice

"If the moon calls you by your name, don't be surprised, because every night I tell her about you."

------------

You know how there are times in your life when you just feel lost? Like you've everyone around you but the same time you feel like you've no one.

You know people are for you. You know there are certain someones who would do anything for you. But even with them around you feel like you've no one. Yeah well.. my days were somewhat close to that.

That day when Xavier lied to me affected me more than I could think. When he ditched me for his friends. I don't know but it felt like betrayal. Which made me realize another thing.

Xavier was growing on me. He was taking my mind hostage. My days are spent thinking about him. And I didn't like that. Definitely didn't. I was a free soul. I sing and dance in my showers. I don't think about people during showers. But now I do..
With Sam it was different. He didn't matter to me as much. I was fine ju-

"Yo hazy! Come back to Earth!" My train of thoughts suddenly interrupted by the frantic hand gestures by Kace.
"Don't leave us hazy! Stay with us!!" He whispered to me dramatically. I rolled my eyes, swatting his hands away from my face.

"You're such a dork!" I mumbled.

"I'm your dork!" He shot back. I was going to reply but got interrupted again. What was with people and interrupting me???

"You're not her dork, you idiot. Go be someone else's dork!" I was all too familiar with that voice. My chest warmed up at his sweet words. It was like he was being possessive of me. I wanted to coo but for some reason I didn't feel like it.

"Hey baby.." Xavier took the seat next to me. We were sitting in the cafeteria. He placed his tray next to mine and gave me a heart warming smile. I saw his eyes shine with a warm emotion. But I didn't want to identify it for some reason. I didn't wanna think about what he feels for me. Actually.. I didn't wanna hope for something that may not be there and be disappointed after.

"Hey you.." I smiled back at him.

"What're you thinking?" He asked softly. Boy he wouldn't wanna know..

"Just the school stuff.. nothing special." I informed him. I didn't want him to know how he hurt me for some reason.

"Hey.. you've been off lately.. you okay?" He asked me.

Like he would care.

"Yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"
He frowned at me.

"Hazel.. baby don't lie to me. What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He called me pretty. My heart warmed again.

"Nothing's going on Xavier.. I just have a test coming up."  I lied again.
He narrowed his eyes at me. His fist closed up on my wrist suddenly and I was standing up the next second.

"Excuse us guys." Xavier said shortly and began dragging me to a location unknown to my dear self.

"Where are you taking me Xavier!" I tried to pry his hands off of mine.
"Let me goo!" Stupid Street fighters!

Ignoring my pleas, he kept walking till we were in the parking lot. Alone.

I gulped.

"Now.. tell me what's wrong with you." He said calmly, letting go of my hand.

Rubbing my wrist, I glared at him.
"You're a loathsome and vile piece of cheese ball. A cheeseball that's gone bad and stinks like poo." I snapped at him.

Humour shone in his eyes.

"And?"

"You're a stupid chicken nugget." I thought for a while. "You're not a chicken nugget. You're a ham nugget. Chickens are actually cute." Very satisfied by my insult, I looked at him proudly.

"And?" Was all I got.

"What do you mean "and" you stupid twat?"
Xavier's eyes softened.

"Baby.. why are you mad at me?" He whispered softly. My heartbeat increased.

"Yeah because you don't already know.. there's no need to act dumb Xavier."  I shot at him.

"If you call me Xavier one more time like that, I'll kiss the fuck out of you." My mouth gaped open. He was passing me threats like some stupid candy!

"What else do I call you you twat? Bobby??" I was annoyed.

"Call me yours baby." My stomach did a somersault.

"You hurt me." I said quietly. I felt his hands cup my cheeks as he stepped closer to me.

"I'm so sorry baby. I was a dick to you. That was uncalled for." I kept quiet. I didn't trust my voice to not shake.

"I didn't know how to tell you that I wanted to spend time with my boys and I know this was not how it should've been. I'm so sorry."

I wanted to tell him that he'd been with his friends the entire past two weeks. I wanted to tell him that he promised me one night. I wanted to tell him that he really hurt me. Instead I opted for an option that made me look less vulnerable.

"You disappointed me." I said.

"I never meant to baby. I promise you I never wanted to hurt you. You make me so happy. Why would I wanna make you sad. You always find a way to make me happy." I felt my eyes welling up with tears. For some reason his words made me more sad than happy.

Even while he said that I realized he didn't want to spend time with me. That he told his friends I was busy when they asked for me. I realized I didn't mean to him as much as he did to me. And that hurt. That hurt a whole lot.

I nodded quietly.

"Give me another chance baby. I promise I'll be better. Better than I've been." I stayed quiet. I just didn't want to speak. I didn't want to show him that he hurt me more than he thought.

"I took you for granted and that was a dick move. I know that. I'm so sorry baby. I should've never done that. I can't tell you how sorry I am." He seemed really apologetic to me. I could see his forehead wrinkled with worry.

"It's okay.." I whispered quietly again.

"I love you. I love you very much blossom." I froze. I could feel my heart rate racing. I looked at him with shock.

He smiled.

"I am baby. I really am." I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. So I just stood there looking like an idiot at loss of words.

"It's okay baby.. you can take your time." He tried to ease my worry. I gave him a small smile.

"We're okay then?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Good. Now stop being so annoying." My mouth hung open.

"I'm not being annoying!" I exclaimed. He was insufferable!

"Yes you are. Shush." I blinked. This man has some nerve.

"You mister. You shut up. I will talk until I want to. I will talk you ears off."

"Okay.. I'd like that. Just don't be that quiet with me again." He said, taking me into his arms. I could hear his heartbeat. Fast. My heart warmed.

"I won't." I said.

"Also.."

"Mhm?" My head pressed against his chest.

"Never call me Xavier like that again." I smiled.

"Okay.."

"Never call me Xavier twice like that." My smiled widened.

"What else do I call you?" I asked him.

"Mine? Baby? Boyfriend? Anything that shows that I belong to you." I hugged him tighter. My eyes teared up a little again. But this time for different reasons.

He said he loved me.

And while he loved me. I was in love with this man.

I am screwed.