I'm not your puppet

"I know not the when or the why of this, but I do know it's you."

---------------

Xavier's pov:

Three days.

7 hours.

It's been three days and seven hours of hell. I know now why people said time wouldn't pass in hell. It'll drag on.

I knew exactly why.

Currently I was standing in my training ring with the guys right behind me, giving me some time. Why you might ask?

Because I was the biggest asshole in the city. Hazel had found out about the bet. And ever since, it feels like I've been laying on a bed of thorns.

Wow.. I've even started talking like a girl.

Before me was the very evidence of how great she was for me. How much she cared.

Before my very eyes hung the huge letters.

I love you Xavier
-blossom

She had probably snuck in here before. Most probably on her birthday. Because I came here just the night before and there was nothing of this sort hanging around.

She wanted to tell me she loved me.

On her birthday.

The day she found out.

The day I broke her heart.

For some reason it bothered me. Everything that went down between me and her bothered me.

It bothered me that she told everyone that we slept together. Like I won the bet. Which I didn't.

I didn't understand why she did that. Why did she want people to believe I won? Maybe because she loved me?

It's been three days of constant war between my brain and my heart. And turmoil in my soul.

Aaand I've started talking like a girl again.

Fuck I was going crazy. I had a fight tomorrow. And for some reason I couldn't focus at all. Actually.. I know the reason.

It's the Hazel eyes. The blushing cheeks. A shy smile. A goofy and quirky girl.

Holy fuck my dick is about to fall off.

"Hey man.. you've been quiet for a long time. " Cade's voiced echoed through the hall. My eyes remained fixated on the words dancing before me. I love you.

"Yeah.. I'm fine."

"She's not coming back." Kace said in a monotone. He had been pissed at me ever since he found out. He had taken a liking to Hazel too. I knew that as well. I knew it bothered him to see her like that.

I also knew he liked her best friend. That annoying friend of her who wouldn't leave me and Hazel alone. It was fun pissing her off though.

I knew Kace was worried whether Nora would talk to him again or not.

"She will come back. Don't you worry.". Whilst saying that, I felt like I couldn't believe it myself.

"And why would she?" Kace raised his eyebrow.

"Cuz they all do. " I answered. He gave me a cruel smile.

"That's the difference this time man. She's not like them all. She was genuine."

That hit me. Right in the nerve. I felt the rage bubbling within me start to boil again. I gave kace a push and got up.

"I don't have time for this. I'm out." Picking up the jacket, I began to walk out.