Do you think my name sounds like caviar?

"I was starting to recover, but then you looked at me again."

-------------

The rest of the night and the drive back home was pretty much awkward.
We all decided to go back home instead of staying at the lakehouse, cuz well..

It had gotten pretty tense out there. So while me, Reid and Xavier decided to come back, Nora and Kace decided to make the most of the opportunity and make it their own private weekend.

Not that any of us complained. I was mad at Xavier and Reid both. The fact that they had both acted like absolute jerks pissed me off more than anything. The worst part?

We were in the same car the drive back home. Awkwaaarrdd!

While Reid was completely ignoring me, Xavier was constantly trying to cite a reaction out of me. With a joke, or with pushing my buttons. I, on the hand, kept my cool and decided not to answer him.

So imagine my surprise when I reached home and my phone beeped. It was a text from the devil himself.

I'm definitely getting you back. And this time. It'll be chivalry. -XT

I scrunched my face at the text before a smile creeped it's way up my lips. This man was a goner. But what came next was not what I had expected.

The same night, I had just changed into my PJs and was now brushing my hair. I looked in the mirror at my PJs. Man were they cute!

They were a combination of blue and white with cute little grey dumbo elephants flying everywhere. It was so adorable. And while I was making googly eyes at my own PJs, my phone rang. My eyes widened at the caller ID. It was Xavier.

At one in the morning.

What on Earth?

Bringing the phone to my ears, I spoke.

"Hello?"

"Blossom! My baby!" Despite the fact that my heart just skipped a beat at him calling me his, I focused at his voice.

"Xavier?"

"You're so beautiful! And pretty!" My face reddened. What the hell was wrong with him?

"Xavier? Are you drunk?"

"Pfft! Nooo.." yep. He was drink. Asshole was drunk dialling me.

"Why are you calling Xavier?" I asked him irritably. I heard him growling on the other hand.

"Why are you getting mad??? I'm being chivalrous!" My eyes by now had widened up to the size of the frickin London eye.

"How the fuck is that chivalrous!?!" I felt exasperated.

"Well.. Cade told me girls think drunk dialling is cute.." He spoke with confusion.

Wait...

"Xavier..."

"Yes baby?"

"Did you purposely get drunk so that you can drunk dial me?"

"Duh.. obviously?" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

This man was impossible!

"Why the fuck would you think to do that!!?" Not able to help myself, I bursted out at him.

The line on the other side went quiet. And then I heard something.

Someone sniffling. Did Xavier just...

"So that you would think I'm cute.." He answered quietly.

What kind of a drunk was Xavier?? I thought to my baffled self.