Chapter One

"Are you sure about this?" Maria asked me as she fed the cable between the bars. "If something goes wrong-"

"You won't be blamed for it, I'll take full blame." I hauled the coiled cable into my cramped yet cozy cell as I got to work. I had to prepare this and hide it before the mid afternoon crew came in. 

The rogues were surprisingly nicer in this ward than some may have originally thought. We had scheduled training on a daily basis, and were allowed three meals and a shower each and everyday. The only downside was the lack of freedom and small living spaces. 

"No, Alicia, I can't let you live with that. I helped out, I should get equal treatment, if not all for encouraging you." I could see Maria's worried expression through the silver bars that separated our cells. It was a small window that allowed for privacy for inmates, while at the same time prevented them from getting through. As long as we didn't touch them we would be fine.

"Leo, can you please help me calm Maria down?" I asked, hearing the metal squeal as he opened his window, revealing two arctic blue eyes. 

"Maria, Alicia, I can hear you from all the way over here and it is starting to give me a head ache. Please just leave each other alone."

"See, Leo agrees with me."

"Alicia, he doesn't even know what we are talking about, you know that doesn't count as agreeing!"

"I know, but I tried," I shrugged my shoulders and gave her a small smirk before I finished tying up the pile of cable I now had and hid it under my cot of a bed. 

I had known Maria for 9 years now. She first moved in next door when she was found in a village outside one of the big werewolf pack's in the nation. Her family were simple land owners and country folk, that abided by every rule. The rogues had set fire to the entire town before taking most of its inhabitants. She could only hope her family made it out safe.

Leo had been here 2 years before I was dropped in, and told me the stories he had heard the tales from those who had. He helped me get through the first few months of staying here, and made it that much more adjustable. I had never planned on staying, though. Leaving was always one of my priorities. I hadn't stayed here for a decade not to escape.

Why were my friends helping me when they wanted to escape just as bad? Well, for starters they had known about my Gamma heritage, how I could outrun any of them easily. Also, if anyone was going to bring a pack to shut down this organization, it would be me. 

A lot had changed since I had been here. At eight, I had been the insecure girl with stringy hair and a weight problem. Now, I had a well defined six pack along with the long, thick hair and confidence that oozed from my pores. One thing that Leo said he missed about the old me was that I had originally never once second guessed him or been overconfident. Now, that was practically in my everyday schedule. Deep down though, I knew the change was for the better. 

I sat on my cot, twirling my light brown wavy hair through my fingers, my green eyes vibrantly taking in my surroundings. I knew that if anyone was going to break out of this cell, it was going to be me. I leaned back, playing out the plan over and over in my head. I was going to break out tonight, when everyone least expected it. 

And I was going to succeed.

....

Tyler's POV:

I sat back in my chair as I watched my guards haul in the two rogues we had heard about on our border. It was a boy and a girl, both looking 16 at most. They shared some of their features, like their warm chocolate brown eyes and stringy black hair. 

"Why are you on my land?" I asked, amusement lacing my tone. I had been having hundreds of new rogues entering my territory in the last few months, something I completely despised. Their explanations ranged from "just passing through" to "they accidentally crossed the border". Maybe it was from that one night all those years ago that decided it, or maybe it was the fact that I didn't care for rogues in general, but I wasn't so caring towards them.

The girl shook, her eyes glued to the floor while the boy quickly responded. "A-alpha, sir-r, with all due respect-"

My wolf's patience was wearing thin, causing me to yell out, "Just answer the question!"

The girl whimpered along with her brother, who kept his head down in submission. This time the sister spoke. "Alpha, we were running from our captors and this was the first territory we came across. If we hadn't we would be dead right now."

"Well, you better wish you were dead," I said, my voice thick with malice. I turned to my Beta, who happened to be sitting just behind me. "Send these rogues to the dungeon," I sneered, liking the way it sounded rolling off my tongue. 

"Yes sir." I remembered the first encounter I had with rogues. It was supposed to be at my Alpha training session, or as I watched one go to the dungeon by my father's sentence. Instead, they attacked my pack. At the age of ten I wasn't able to know all the details it caused us as a pack, but being a bright kid, I knew the big picture.

I had originally thought, "So what if a few pack members get taken?" That was until I realized that Alicia was gone, along with two of her older brothers. Her family was devastated, turning from a family of seven to a family of four in one night. The oldest son, who was destined to be my Gamma, only worked that much harder to prepare for his future role. 

I doubt she made it through, and if she did, she must be in pretty bad shape. I don't know what the rogues' intent was, but they sure achieved it. Almost ten years ago she disappeared. Alicia was a great friend, but she was also the pack's definition of a spoiled brat. She was slightly heavier due to the amount she got pampered, and her golden brown hair was stringy and short, but she was always a good friend to me. 

"Sweetie, are you in here?" The door opened wide enough to show Sabrina, wearing a strapless dress that reached mid thigh and stilettos. I had had a crush on her back when I was little, and right now, she was as good as future Luna. I hadn't found my mate, and since a pack is completely unstable with one ruler, she was going to have to become my Luna. I was allowed until I was twenty-two to continue the search, which left me two years. 

She hurried towards me when she saw me and quickly perched herself on my lap, looking intently into my eyes. My wolf was kind of done with my decision to hang out with her instead of searching for our mate, but I quickly silenced him. I already talked to him a lot as it is. Did I really need to hear his critiques 24/7? No, no I did not.

We talked, and she told me about the day she spent shopping before someone entered my office. It was Cody, my Gamma. He stood about 5'11'', and had slick combed back brown hair atop his head. He resembled his dad greatly. "Ty, we have rogues on the border. 2 male and 1 female, what should we do?" 

"Kill them!" Would have been my immediate response had my wolf not taken over.

"Put the two men in the dungeon and allow the girl to attend the high school. I want a close eye on her though. Thank you." Cody looked a little taken aback, but he quickly brushed it off as he nodded and promised he would do this.

The school system we have here in the Blood Moon Pack is like any other, we have elementary, middle and high school. Instead of gym, however, we have D.T. (Defense Training), and the high school goes from freshmen all the way to seniors in college. So the age gap is way bigger, which helps a lot of people find their mates and work on their skill sets for an extended period of time.

I sat back, knowing that one wrong move and that rogue would be terminated. 

But why was my wolf so intent on her staying close?