Chapter Thirty-Seven

Unknown's POV:

I hadn't been killed yet. I was thankful that the Rogue King had spared my life due to the current war he was planning on starting. 

I was currently heading back to his throne room to deliver yet another letter. My legs trembled with each step I took. I wanted to cry out, to run, to get out of here, but my tongue was sandpaper and I knew better. Doing that would only seal my fate. 

As I made my way down the hall, I watched other people sent on other missions walk by. They looked to be faring the same as I was - head down, shaking, sweaty palms, a scared look in their eyes. We all knew our destined fate.

All too soon, I had reached the doors to the throne room. Remembering my instructions, I knocked once before slowly opening the door and slipping inside.

The throne room still looked the same as I had last seen it, along with the Rogue King himself - big and intimidating. I gulped but tried to hide my fear. He hated that, or at least that was what I had come to hear. The only difference about the Rogue King was that he was in different clothes and his hair was messier.

"Come in," he said, not even daring to look at me. 

I bowed before him, and handed him the letter, before taking a few steps back.

He opened it, his eyes skimming over it, and a sadistic smile covering his face. "Good...very good." The Rogue King's eyes met mine. "Do you know what this is? This is the secret weapon I have been waiting for, the all-call that I can and will start this battle, once and for all. Do you know what that means?"

Before I had a chance to answer, his hands were wrapped tightly around my throat, and I struggled to breathe. "I don't need you anymore. So why not just tell you?" His evil grin was back, and he had a murderous look in his eye. I knew I wasn't leaving alive. "I have the perfect plan to rip apart the packs by pitting the beloved Alpha and his mate against each other."

My eyes widened in shock. And although I knew better, I grabbed the King's hands, trying to pry them unsuccessfully off of my neck. Before I could, though, his grip tightened.

I heard a snap and a bloom of pain before my world went black.

...

Hey guys!

I know this is kind of a dark chapter... with the ending and all.

I just wanted to let you know that I have decided to add on an extra two chapters to the ending so that it doesn't seem so rushed. 

AND - We have hit 1k reads this week! WoooHoo!

Let me know in the comments what you think that the secret weapon is!

I will try my best to write a full chapter tonight, so double update possibly! The latest I will update will be this Friday, so just bear with me. It's almost over!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)