Chapter Ten

Alicia's POV:

My mate is Ty. Ty is my mate.

The shock still hadn't settled well with me. We were still outside, standing hand in hand, letting the peaceful silence overtake us. I knew that telling him who I was was something that needed to happen, but right now, of all things? It would only make it harder for me to leave and put more stress on Ty's plate.

Ty broke the peaceful silence as he stared out at the beautiful scenery around us. "So, Ally. I guess this is basically it. I guess we are mates."

I nodded my head, but that's when the memories came flooding back.

\FLASHBACK\:

I was sitting in an empty stall of the girls bathroom, crying my eyes out. I had thought Ty was my friend, but maybe not. He had apparently called me a so-called "baby" when he talked to his friends in an effort to make him look cooler. I mean after all, why would a ten year old boy hang out with an eight year old brat if he didn't have to?

Suddenly the door flew open, and giggles filled the room. I got control of my tears and sat quietly, hoping no one would hear or notice my presence.

"Wow, Sabrina, Ty really likes you!" One girl gushed, obviously with Sabrina.

"I know. We are mates, and I guess we were able to feel part of the bond early." Just from hearing it I knew that was a lie. You could feel absolutely no connection to your mate before you were eighteen. That was just... unheard of. And if something special like that were to happen, it would happen to someone special, not someone who would be killed by their own karma.

I heard footsteps leaving the bathroom and the door closing before I finally left my hiding place. I came face to face with Sabrina though - something I was not expecting. "I knew you were in here! Why are you being such a cry baby - Ty only said what we were all thinking!"

I slapped her across the face. "You know what, Sabrina, I am done with you treating me like a piece of trash! Why don't you get a life and stop stealing my best friend from me! He's not even your mate!"

She grinned evilly. "Oh I know there is a possibility he isn't my mate. But we've already decided that we will both reject our mates to be with each other. That's how much he cares about me. But you, you're more like a burden. The little annoying sister he never needed."

\FLASHBACK ENDED:\

I thought he would've changed by now. I thought he would've for once realized that rejecting his mate was a stupid idea. But after hearing what the guards had told me and what he had just said, I wasn't so sure.

I quickly pulled away from him, stumbling a few steps back. "You're going to reject me... aren't you?"

Shock enveloped Ty's face as he stared at me in bewilderment. "What? Where did you get that idea? Ally-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I was already running. Already getting as far away as I could from him. Suddenly, I heard him curse before he quickly ran after me, soon gaining on me greatly. I couldn't face him. I needed to leave, to get to my friends before the rejection broke me. Before I weakened to nothing because of the endless pain.

Although I was the Gamma's daughter and had been training for a full decade, I was still no match for an Alpha. In an effort not to hurt me, Ty wrapped his strong arms around me and flipped us so that he crashed on his back with me on top of him. 

His breathing was hard as he looked deep into my eyes, trying to figure out what had caused me to run away like that. My breath caught in my throat as I was captivated by his eyes. I couldn't tell him, though. He wouldn't let me go. I would be breaking a promise to Maria and Leo, two of the most important people in my life.