Chapter Twenty-Eight

Ty's POV:

After I had left Alicia with that rogue troop, I had gotten my pack out of their line of sight, and into denser woods. 

"What're we going to do?" Aaron asked, once we were out of earshot of anyone nearby. "It seems like my sister's been brainwashed and there is no way in."

"We could pull her away from her group, corner her kind of." Someone suggested as the rest of the group remained still and ready, waiting for any sign of the rogues moving closer. My wolf growled at the thought of another male wanting to hunt our mate down.

"No, we'll figure out a way, I'm sure of it." And I was. Despite the fact that I did want to go and find out what was wrong with Ally, I knew better of it. What if she really was brainwashed, and if we got close to her - even me, her mate - she tried to attack, or set off alarms? I tried to push the thought out of my head. No way was that happening, I couldn't even begin to imagine it.

"So how are we going to get in?" Aaron asked. "We know that she is either with the rogues or is acting like she is to get information. Either way, it isn't going to make it any easier to take them down."

I knew he was right, and that was the hard part. I had to get in one way or another, and I only hoped that my mate was alright. But just thinking back sent shivers down my spine. 

The entire group quieted down and that was when I heard footsteps. We all crouched down, and watched from a distance as a second rogue troop appeared beside the one that Ally was at. But this time, she was gone. 

Pushing down my hatred for them, I strained my ears to listen to what they were saying.

"...sorry to bug you General, but why did General Kelly seem so off today?" One of the rogues came up and asked one of the high ranking monsters. 

"She needed to head back to headquarters. Being through such a traumatic experience left her in pretty bad shape. Now let's get back to going after the pack. I'm sure they're out there."

I turned to my pack, and signaled them to get up and move. In silence, they crept forward, out of the way of the rogues, who in no orderly fashion at all, began to clumsily investigate the forest. It was easy enough for us to slip past.

Why had Ally been sent back? I was sure that she was the one they were referring to as Kelly. And why was the fact that she had been harmed by my pack come up in all the discussions lately? Was it a way for her to pull cover, or did she truthfully believe in it?

Looking around, I spotted something I would've easily and normally overlooked. But when I was in war mode, when I was looking to catch anything moving, I spotted it. 

An old, worn tree that had many stories to tell stood out among st the rest. It was from a younger time, one with a lot more innocence, when we weren't concerned about rogues. When no one had been kidnapped, when no attacks had happened. Memories floated back of me and a younger Ally running through these very woods, of spotting the old tree, of skillfully carving 'A+T' in the center, just three feet off the ground. 

I knew that since it triggered so many memories for me, it must've triggered something for her. Maybe that was why she had gone back - because it reminded her of when she was younger, before the rogues got involved - and if she had lost her memory, maybe she had regained it. Maybe. This was all I could hope for.

"Hey, guys?" I said softly, gaining the attention of my entire group. "I've got a new plan."

...

Okay, so it was fairly simple. I was keeping all of my men on lookout, monitoring the area. Their mission was to figure out where and what the rogues did on missions outside the complex on a daily basis. I put my trust in my highest ranking officers and Aaron.

 At the same time, I was going to attempt and sneak into the Alpha Complex. I know, the biggest enemy and pack Alpha entering the highest ranking Rogue Complex was just asking for trouble. But I was confident that if I could sneak in like at the Omega Complex, and figure out what was happening to my mate, a victory was surely at our hands.

I quickly traveled through the woods and headed towards the Complex, stopping when I saw the enormously of the troops heading out and in through it's southern entrance. I stayed low, hopping to dodge everything coming my way. I couldn't be spotted, not at this leg of the mission. I watched carefully as I saw a open doorway that could easily be accessed without going by too many people.

This was my chance.

...

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoy the update! We have around 18 chapters left!

I can't believe it!

Also, if you haven't already checked out my other books, don't forget to read them!

Two are complete and I have a sequel in the works!

Anyway, Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus