Chapter Twenty

I know I haven't updated in quite a while, and I'm sorry! I will try to finish this book as soon as I can! 

-hexodus ;)

....

Alicia's POV:

I sat in my cell, tossing a stone I had found in the corner. At the Rogue Center I had spent most of my time at, we had lots of activities to keep us occupied, as well as other people to talk to. Now, though, I didn't have that kind of luxury.

I had been here a week, yet no movement. Sam had told me to stay low for the time being, since was still on the top of the Rogue's list of wanted wolves. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard banging on my cell. 

I turned to see one of the guards I had met the first day. He was as filthy as ever, and gave me a smirk. "Well, pretty thing, looks like you're up next for inspection."

My eyebrows furrowed, not quite getting what he meant. I hadn't done anything like this at the Beta Center, but from the evil look on his face, I knew it couldn't be good.

The guard proceeded to unlock and enter my cage, causing me to back away slightly. I wasn't used to anyone but Sam coming to check on me, let alone actually take me anywhere. 

"C'mon, don't play hard to get, now." He said teasingly as he came towards me, causing a disgusted shiver to run down my spine. 

I wasn't planning on showing how dangerous and much of a hassle I could be until Sam gave me the go, but I realized now was the time to do it.

"What do you want?" I snarled, my nose scrunching up at the putrid smell radiating off of him as he inched closer, not getting the message that I wasn't too happy to be near him.

"Ah, sweetheart, you aren't cute when you do that. But come here, I'm not going to hurt you. It's just an inspection."

"An inspection?" I raised an eyebrow as I raised my arms, trying to keep him from invading my personal space bubble.

"Yeah - you aren't the Wanted Wolf, are you?"

Wanted Wolf? Did he mean me? The one that escaped the Beta Complex, with no trace? 

I visibly gulped, and he took that as a chance to get closer to me. Soon he was right in front of me. "Are you, sweetheart? An innocent girl like you? I wouldn't expect that... but it is always possible."

He leaned in so close that his reeking breath was right in my face. I cringed at it.

"Get away from her!" I looked up to see Sam charging forward, his face flaming. The guard jumped back, surprised at the commotion.

"Woah, woah man!" The man threw his hands up, obviously knowing not to mess with my brother.

"Stay away from her! If I ever see you anywhere near her again...." His eyes grew dark and a feral growl left his throat. 

"Jim said you were into her. If that's the case, I won't tell anyone, don't worry!" The guard looked like he was trying to get out of the mess he had found himself in.

"Stay away from her, period!" And with that, the guard ran out of the cell, eager not to mess with my brother. I don't know why he was so afraid, but obviously, they didn't have the greatest history together.

Sam then turned his attention to me, running a hand through his unkempt hair. "Okay, so you really do need to come down for the inspection, though. While you've been in the Beta Complex, all the major packs have been after the most Wanted Wolf in the country."

"What'd they do?" I asked. 

"No one is quite sure, but the packs that are after them have started contacting the rogues. It's the next step in tracking them down. They just want to make sure the wolf isn't here, which I'm fairly certain they aren't. But, if you are late, they will give you a longer background check and could possibly almost pull up something on you."

"Okay, well, then I guess we should get going."

He nodded, grabbing my arm before ushering me out of my cell and back to the main room. Well, this should be interesting.

...

A few rogues from a higher ranking had all the prisoners lined up. Since this was an Omega Complex, though, nothing was very orderly, meaning that none of the prisoners were handcuffed, and the search wasn't very good. 

They came up to me, sniffed me out, before asking me some very basic questions, trying to judge who I had been before this. They asked if I had any connection to the Blue Moon Pack, and when I didn't miss a beat as I asked what that pack was and how long it had existed, they ordered I be taken back to my cell.

Looks like I'm not the wanted wolf, and completely off of their radar. For now.

Sam sent me a smile as I walked over to him, ready for him to return me to my cell. I heard some mumbling and looked to my left to find two of the guards - Jimmy and the one who was with me today - watching me and Sam as they talked. I rolled my eyes, knowing their assumptions. These were not true. 

What they didn't know was that they could be promoted heavily in the Rogue Ranks if they found out and reported me for being Alicia Gray, the famous escape artist and Luna. 

But they didn't know that. And what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

Yet.

...

Hey guys!

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while - I was finishing a different and my newest story : Accidentally In Love With The Best Friend!

Summary :

COMPLETED!!!!

...

Justin Copeland. He has it all : fame, girls, popularity, money, power, respect...

It makes sense for him to be an Alpha of a strong pack as well. He has everything... or so everyone thinks.

Harper Morris. She has it all : a boyfriend, popularity, and a nice heart.

Justin and Harper. One is a werewolf, the other is a human. One is aware that they are both mates, destined for each other. The other is oblivious with a boyfriend.

How will Justin cope with the fact he needs his Luna in a weeks time?

How will Harper deal with the fact her best friend has been in love with her for years?

...

So.. I will try to update more frequently, but it may be a little off schedule.

Also, I promise the next chapter will be longer!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :D