Chapter Thirty-Four

Ty's POV:

It had been five days later and I had successfully brought the progress of the Rogues to the attention of the Blood Red Pack. All I had done is take them on the border of the Alpha Complex and listen carefully to what they were discussing. They couldn't believe their eyes at first.

Some had gone back to sit down and talk with Alpha Asher about battle strategies and such, as well as pulling in more packs to help out. Some had stayed, though, to help us gain more information and learn the Rogues' weaknesses. 

I had stayed on a certain side of the Complex, continuing to watch. I had told everyone that I was there to see if anything suspicious happened, but Aaron looked at me like he knew my real motive. Ally was in there - and I wasn't about to miss a chance of seeing her.

My wolf had been howling all day long, for days at a time, trying to call out to our mate's wolf. With no reply, he could only fear the worse. In the last week, I still hadn't heard a word from her since the time I broke in. And boy, did I miss her.

Ugh. Now I just sounded whipped.

"Alpha Ty!" I turned around to see three of my men hauling out a guard, dressed in a Rogue uniform. "He was seen walking around the perimeter. What should we do with him?"

The Rogue stayed silent. At first, I assumed he had been given a sedative, or been knocked out, because he wasn't struggling in the slightest. But under more examination, I realized that he was wide awake, taking everything in. Assuming he must've been mind-linking, I grabbed his chin and brought it up, so that we were face to face. 

His familiarity struck me, so much so that I stumbled back.

"Sam?!" I exclaimed, shocked. I had last seen him at the Omega Complex, but I never thought that he had come all this way. 

Not knowing quite who he was - although he looked almost identical to Aaron - the soldiers from both packs immediately pointed their weapons at him, ready to shift and attack at my command. 

I put my hand up, signalling them to back down, which they did. My hand released his chin and moved to his shoulder. "What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he said, cracking a small smile. "You guys are so close to the Complexes - what are you doing out here?"

"We're trying to pick up some information on the Rogues. We have almost ten packs that are forming an alliance with us. The battle should be starting soon, and I think we have the advantage."

"That's what I thought too," Sam said, looking down at the ground, before his eyes met Aaron's, "But now I'm not so sure."

I brushed off the last part slightly. "So, what are you doing out here? I thought you were stuck in that filthy complex."

"I got sent for higher security," he said, summing up what I knew would be a long story, "But I can't sit here for too long. As a new recruit, they're just waiting for me to try and escape. I've been gaining their trust, but still..."

"Have you seen Ally?" I couldn't help but blurt out, my wolf pushing it up and out of my throat before I could stop him.

Sam's eyes momentarily lit up in amusement. "Ally.... I saw her a few days ago. She was doing okay.... "

"She never came and mind-linked me. I was worried..."

"Nothings wrong," Sam reassured me. "She's been busy, assembling a rebellious army and all. I've only seen glimpses of them and heard snippets of what is going on, but it sounds like they are making progress. Of course, with the limited number she was given, there was no way that they will ever stand a chance at completely crippling the Rogue army, but they have just enough power to cause a diversion for us." I couldn't help the swell of pride me and my wolf felt at the mention of our mate.

"What's the thing stopping us from winning?" Aaron interjected, coming into the small circle we had made. Damion, my beta, joined them, clearly deep in thought. The rest of the soldiers assembled kept on the lookout, some trying to overhear the conversation, and the remainder was silent, probably due to the shock of the whole situation.

"You know the leader of the Rogues, how he has the crazy amount of power, right? He's like a king. Basically, he has come up with a new weapon, one that he is confident will help them win whatever battle they are going into against you. And I've heard bits and pieces about it - from the sound of it, it may just change the course of this upcoming war."

"That's impossible," I stated confidently. "A 'weapon' that those pesky Rogues invented - as if that would ever stand against ten packs."

"But what if it does," Sam said, his voice slowly rising in agitation and anger. "What if we all die? What if because of your overconfidence we put all those men at risk when they never even had a fair shot at winning?!"

Now I was getting mad. I didn't care if he was Ally's sister, or if he was really a spy working for us. The use of disrespect against me made my wolf's coat bristle in annoyance.

"So what?!" My Alpha voice came out now. All the soldiers immediately bowed down at the sound of it. Hopefully, the Rogues didn't hear any of it. "You want us to give up? Roll over and let them harm my mate? Put her against me? Or do you want us to fight - to try to take these evil-doers down?! I don't care whose side you say you're on - but if you think that way, then you're definitely not on mine."

With that, I turned away, raising my right fist up, signalling all of the men to follow me. I stormed off, my own anger brewing. I knew Sam stayed put because I didn't hear his squeal of footsteps in rubber boots follow.

Through mind-link, Damion spoke. "Ty, what are you doing? You know he could be our biggest help here, with your mate under such tight wraps."

"I don't care," I shot back. "If he doesn't have any faith in us winning - and I don't care whose side he says that he is on - he doesn't fight by me at all."

"But-"

"That will be enough." I ended the mind-link, looking beside me to find an annoyed looking Damion. Although he didn't agree with me 100% of the time, he knew how to sit with my decisions, good or bad in his eyes.

Looking behind me, I noticed all of the soldiers refusing to make eye contact and instead focused on the ground, waves of fear literally rolling off of them in sheets. I growled once in warning, making all of them snap to attention. Fear was the easiest emotion to smell, and if we weren't careful, the one that would get us caught.

Back where we were only a few minutes ago, Sam and Aaron stood together, discussing something in hushed whispers so quiet that even I couldn't hear. They spared a glance at me before finishing discussing.

Then, not a minute later, they split up, Sam heading back to the Rogue Complex and Aaron heading towards me.

"He's not trying to cause trouble," Aaron reasoned carefully. "He just wants to prepare you for a fight that might not entirely be in your hands. Sam won't talk to you anymore after that argument that just took place so that another one doesn't occur. But, he will continue giving information to us. For Ally's sake, not yours."

I growled but was content with his answer. I knew it wasn't wise to make more enemies. But this war against the Rogues was in our hands.

Wasn't it?

...

Hey guys!

How do you think the Battle is going to go now that you know more about their secret 'weapon'?

This book is almost over - only about 12 chapters after this and we are done!

Let me know how you want the battle to go in the comments!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :3