Chapter Twenty-Seven

Alicia's POV:

That was when I saw it.

The thing that changed my life forever.

...

|FLASHBACK:|

"C'mon!" my eight year old self yelled, standing in the shade of the tall trees of the oh-so-familiar woods. "Hurry up, you scaredy cat!"

A boy, a few years older than me, appeared through the trees, his face pulled into a sour expression. "Ally, you know as well as I do that we shouldn't be out here - our parents will kill us!"

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "You're so silly, Ty! Mommy and Daddy would never kill me!"

"Maybe not, but my parents will!" The seriousness on his face caused some of my happiness to fall, but the minute I laid my eyes on the pine, it quickly returned in full force. 

"Ty, look!"

He turned, seeing the tree, before turning back, shrugging. "So what?"

"Let's leave our mark."

|END OF FLASHBACK:|

In front of me, stood a tree. It had two letters carved into it, picked by young, skillful hands. A sloppy "A+T" was still visible, despite the amount of years it had sat here, going unnoticed and untouched. 

Then, my life seemed to flash before my eyes. All the memories, of befriending Ty, being kidnapped, being held captive, escaping, and leaving once again all flooded back in the matter of about five seconds, and I was almost knocked off my feet.

'Finally!' A voice sounded in my head. I sighed in relief finding my wolf had been left unharmed. Finally, I felt complete, and I knew what my name was without others feeding me false information. 

I look to see that my troop had stopped because they had noticed another rogue troop, one that was camped out. Their leader, whose name had currently slipped my mind, approached, asking for any leads.

I simply sat there, silent and drowning in my own thoughts as the people from my troop tried to answer his insistent questions. I knew that this wasn't right, that working for the Rogues stood against everything I had ever known, but I would surely be killed or knocked out again if I even thought about spilling what I now remembered. I figured it was better to pretend than tell the truth, right now.

"General Kelly?"

I looked up to find the other troop leader watching me with wary eyes. "Yes?" I asked shakily, trying to pull myself back together.

"Are you okay? You look a little pale, and your troop said-"

"I'm feeling light-headed." I icily cut the man off. "My wolf was stripped from me last time I was in a forest like this."

He nodded, and his eyes glazed over, showing he was mind-linking someone. I was happy I could keep using that as my excuse, but now that my wolf had in fact returned, I would have to work my hardest to keep her quiet. I couldn't suddenly shift in a sudden attack, now could I?

"General Kelly?" I looked to find the other general staring back at me. "I have specific orders from Hank to send you back to the Complex. He says that it might be unsafe to keep you out here unarmed, with any flashbacks or attacks that might occur."

They thought of that now? They were pretty much promising my death sentence earlier sending me out somewhere without my wolf. But at least I wouldn't have to have any run in with Ty. Now, though, I wouldn't be able to know what was going on, especially if they locked me away for "instability".

...

When I arrived back at the Alpha Complex, Hank was waiting with a plastered grin smeared across his features. "Kelly, so good to see you in one piece."

Had he actually wanted me to die, or was I just bait for the packs?

"It's good to see you too, Hank, but why exactly am I here?"

I thought I detected worry on his features before they were quickly smoothed over. "Like they should have told you out there - I don't want you unarmed and vulnerable of any flashbacks that might occur."

I knew that me remembering and driving the rogues into defeat was one of his greatest fears, which was why he pulled me back off the front lines when he got word of my state. I mentally smirked, happy I could make him feel so uncomfortable.

"So what am I to do here now, if I'm not commanding an army?"

"You, Kelly, will be just staying at base. You can train some of our newest recruits, but don't worry - you will get a break from all jobs."

Upon hearing this, I nodded my head, plastering a fake smile on my face as I said my respective good bye, and headed back into the room I had been staying in. But really, I had a new problem on my hands.

Yes, I remembered who I was.

Yes, I knew who my mate was.

Yes, I knew what was going on.

Yes, I knew where I was.

But one thing :

I was now locked inside, with no contact with anyone else in the packs. I could get information, but I couldn't do anything with it. So now, I had to pretend to be with the rogues, while at the same time, I was going to work to deliver information to the packs and help them win the war, or whatever was coming our way.

...

Hey guys!

Long time no see!

I hope you liked this chapter!

I'm not sure when the next update will be, but please...

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus