Chapter Twelve

Alicia's POV:

I was finally going to tell him. Finally going to break the news to my beloved mate about my identity. About why I can't be with him. Why I have to keep going, why stopping isn't an option.

I took a deep breath, looking up to meet Ty's rage filled eyes. To him, I had blatantly rejected him without so much as an explanation. With him being an Alpha and all, this wasn't going to go too easily over him.

"Ty, I really don't want to hide anything from you anymore..." I start off, my eyes drifting to the ground, unable to look at him any longer. 

He gritted his teeth before holding up something. "Then will you at least explain what these are?" In his hand were the letters from the rogues. I was at a loss for words. "When you ran some pack members searched your room, and they found them tucked away. What is this? I get you may not want to tell me everything, but at least tell me this."

I wiped a few of the silent tears that had fallen down my face before looking him straight in the eye. "Ty, we need to sit down. There's a lot I need to tell you."

He nodded, a concerned look overtaking his features. He led me to the small contemporary living room before sitting down on the plush couch. I sucked in a deep breath as I looked around. This was it, I was signing away my last chance to leave by telling the Alpha what happened. By revealing the truth to Ty. By coming clean to my mate.

"First, just tell me about the letters," Ty said, his eyes pleading. "Don't tell me anything else for now but the letters."

"The letters are just the start, though," I spoke so softly I could barely hear the words myself. Here goes nothing. "I was held captive by rogues. The reason I was running was so that I could save my friends that were stuck in their compound. The letters stated that if I didn't come back, they would hurt you... and my family. I can't let that happen. Not again." 

Fat tears rolled down my cheeks as I pushed them away, sitting up straighter. This wasn't how I was going to act, no, I was going to be strong. Suddenly, Ty reached out and cupped my cheek, looking deeply into my eyes. "What have they done to you?"

That was all it took for me to break down. They had done so much, and yet I had found my mate, someone who vowed to always protect me. Everything came out. "They took me from my family, they threatened to kill everyone I love..."

"Shh," Ty rubbed my back as he rocked me back and forth. It reminded me of what he used to do when I would fall down and scrape a knee. He would always give me a hug and rock me, calming my frazzled state. The pain seemed to slowly drift away after that, and now it all made sense. I had felt so at ease with him years ago, because although neither of us had seen it at the time, we were mates.

"Ty, that's not what I need to tell you, though." 

"Ally, whatever it is, I'm sure it's nothing."

"Um.. Ty, it kind of is. I'm from here. I grew up here. That's why I hate Sabrina so much, that's why I called you Ty from when I first came back, because we grew up together."

Ty's body went rigid, and his calming touch ceased as he pulled back to look at me straight in the eye. Through his blue eyes, I could see his brain putting the pieces together, figuring everything out. "Ally... what are you saying?"

I bit my lip, hesitant to continue on. "Ty, it's me, Alicia. I came back."

I looked at his expression, finding it blank and his eyes hard and cold. "No," he said  in a disbelieving tone, "No, Alicia isn't coming back." He then proceeded to slide me off his lap as he stood up. "Where did you hear about her?"