Chapter Thirty-Nine

Alicia's POV:

I heard Ty land on the other side of the window with a thud as the door opened up. Derek stood there, a smug look on his face. "Who was that you were just talking to, General Kelly?"

"No one," I said cooly, rubbing my temples slowly. That had been a close call. I knew Hank would take my word over Derek's, but...

"Very interesting," a new voice said from the other side of the door. "Well, it looks like someone has finally remembered some things." The door creaked open, and Hank stood on the other side, an evil smirk smeared across his features. "How are you, Alicia?"

My breath caught in my throat and my heart was literally pounding out of my chest. No... no this couldn't be happening. Not when we were so close...

I mentally cursed at Ty. Why had he decided to sneak in? He blew everything! I was trusting him to follow through with the plan, not risk everything just to see me. 

Sarah couldn't help but sigh in content. At least we knew that our mate worried about us, and was doing okay. It was good to know that we weren't forgotten. Sometimes I tended to think that, with little communication to the packs that I had. Now, though, wasn't a time to reminisce about this.

When I didn't reply right away, Hank turned back to Derek. I had finally had some faith in him, he had started listening and improving. I wondered what it was that had gotten him to tell about my rebellion to the Rogues. 

"So, how long did you say she had been in contact with them?"

"A while," Derek responded, looking at me cheekily. "Ever since she had started the group."

"You mean the one she held down here?" Derek nodded in response to Hank's words. Hank turned to face me. "Very impressive. Really, the fact that you fooled me for as long as you did is quite amazing. Imagine what you would've done if this little incident hadn't happened. And who was this that just visited? It looked to be the Alpha mate himself, isn't it that right?"

I looked down in response.

"Well, you've had your fun. You're done now."

With a flick of his fingers, ten armed guards entered the room. Before I had a chance to react, they gripped my upper arms, pulling me out of the room. I thrashed in their arms, but it did nothing. I may have trained and been a Gamma's daughter - that didn't mean that I could withstand the power of that many Rogues at an unexpected time. 

"You can't do this!" The words slipped past my lips, and I was thrust forward. I looked down onto the ground, watching as the floor flew past me. I started to feel dizzy and light headed, and by the time I looked up, I knew that I was no longer in a familiar part of the building.

Instead of taking me to the prison ward, like I thought they would've. It was the medical wing.

One minute I went from screaming and thrashing to sleepy with my eyes lulling. I looked over at my right arm that had piercing pain to find a long needle in it. Of course, they would sedate me. Sarah gave me one last call before she went silent.

Just before everything around me vanished, I thought back to Ty. If only he hadn't...

Before I could finish that sentence, though, I lost my train of thought and everything went black. 

... 

I could only see one thing.

Complete blackness. It felt like it was consuming me whole. 

Everything felt muddy and like we were underwater. I could hear snippets of conversations that seemed to be just beyond the darkness. I just didn't know where it ended and the real world began.

Suddenly, a voice that sounded right beside me could be heard clearly. "It's operational like you said, right?"

"Yes - it should be activating right now. Wait a minute to let it fully warm up before we wake her up."

Wake her up, were they talking about me? I tried to look around, to tell them that I was right here, that I had heard everything, but that didn't seem to be working. I couldn't feel any part of my body in the everlasting darkness. 

Then suddenly, all was quiet again.

...

The next time I came to, or at least I thought I did, there were blinding lights in front of me. So different from the darkness I had experienced last time.

A beaming lady in a white lab suit looked down on me, a clipboard in her hand. "Hello, General Kelly. How are you feeling right now?"

"Okay...?" I wasn't really sure since I was just beginning to regain feeling in my body. Just beginning to process everything.

"Well, that is great. Now, I'm going to have to take a few tests..."

She proceeded to run the usual check up on me. She made me follow the light with my eyes, check my heart rate, blood pressure, and do some basic breathing exercises.

For some reason, in the back of my mind, all I could hear was a voice echoing, "It worked."

What worked?

...

Hey guys!

I know this chapter is kind of short, but I finally updated on time! I promise you that this weekend I will try to update twice. I'll do my best.

So, what do you think the thing that "worked" is?

Do you think that Ally remembers anything?

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :)