Chapter Forty-Eight

Alicia's POV:

My eyelids felt heavy as I tried to pull them back, so I just let them stay. I slightly moved my head back, a small groan leaving my lips. Every part of my body was sore. I leaned my head back farther into the soft pillow.

Wait, pillow? Where was I? I thought back to the last thing I remembered. The world going black, extreme pain...

Dying.

I sat up straight, my eyes flying open and my breathing increased. I looked around, blinking, trying to figure out whose bedroom I was in. I just about screamed when I felt a strong arm circle my waist and pull me back against a hard chest, but instead, I moaned, overwhelmed by the shower of pleasant sparks that overtook me.

Looking back, I found Ty, his eyes wide, before a slow grin broke out on his face. "Ally, you're okay..." Looking at his features, I noticed the dark rings around his eyes, and the pale complexion his skin had.

"What-How-Why-Huh?" I couldn't quite form words as I looked at him, confusion clear across my features. 

"Shhh, baby, it's okay. You're okay. Everything is okay."

"What happened?" I finally managed to squeak out. The last thing I had remembered was dying, but here I was, in Ty's room. Was this all just a dream?

"You went into a month-long coma. You remember the battle, right?" I nodded. "Well, our suspicions are that the Alpha King planted some sort of chip in your brain, to control you. You became the secret weapon and wanted to kill me. I-I lost control, and my wolf was so focused on killing it that he killed you as well." His breathing became slightly irregular and his breathing hitched, reality crashing down on him. "I could've lost you," he said, brokenly.

"How am I here then?" I asked, scooting away slightly to get a better look at him. He was shirtless, his abs practically glowing in the sunlight. Looking down, flushed, I noticed I was in a pure white nightgown, my hair brushed. 

"I marked you, just before you were entirely gone. It was what saved you."

I looked at him. No wonder I felt more sparks. Moving closer, I pressed my lips to his. I still needed more information, but for now, this would do. He eagerly responded, pulling me against his chest. Yes, this would definitely do.

...

"Your parents stopped by." I looked at Ty, who had just finished talking about how everything had gone upon our return.

Apparently, with the Rogue King dead, thanks to my mate, all of the Rogues were working to pay off the debt and harm they had caused during the war. A few people had died, including my brother Aaron and Leo.

Leo, the one that I had gone back to save. He had died fighting for what he believed in - freedom. I just wished that I had gotten to say goodbye one last time. I wished he had gotten to meet his mate.

And then my brother, Aaron, who had put his life at risk to save me and stop the Rogues. I had cried when I had heard the news. 

"What did they have to say?" I asked.

"They wanted to make sure you were okay and realized that you weren't doing this for attention. That you were actually taken against your will and locked away. They were very apologetic and wanted to be here when you woke up. I told them they should keep their distance, though, since, you know..."

He was right. I probably would've freaked if they were the first faces I had seen. Heck, I had freaked just seeing the ceiling. The last time I had seen my parents and brother, though, they accused me of faking it, of running away and not caring for them. 

"I'll see them," I said softly, brushing a lock of hair behind my ear. "I mean, they are my parents after all. They still care for me, hopefully."

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, though."

"I do, though, trust me. It'll be good to finally talk to them."

Later into that next week, Ty kept me under bed arrest, claiming that I wasn't completely healed yet. Being in a coma for a month meant that I had missed a lot.

People from the pack came by of all ages to check in on how I was doing. A lot of them were familiar faces, and they were happy to see me again.

My parents and rest of my family had come through. Upon finding out the truth, my mom had collapsed to the floor in tears, claiming how stupid she was for not thinking straight. They caught me up on everything that had been going on. I knew that they truly loved me, but we were all still going to need to rebuild our relationships.

Sam came by, and we talked. I was so happy he got out safely. We both talked about Aaron, reminisced about old times, and how much we were going to miss him. It was so nice to talk to Sam without constantly looking over my shoulder and being in danger constantly.

Karmen even came by, talking to me briefly and catching up. So much had changed since we had first met...

Sabrina came by but didn't say much. She did apologize, however, for her terrible attitude and everything she did to upset me. Ty had been ready to make her Rogue and banish her from the pack until she met her mate and finally calmed down.

Speaking of Rouges, they were cooperating with what I had heard from all the packs. They were still working off what would take many years before they could earn the trust of the packs ever again.

Now, it was two months later, and I stood on the side of the stage in a long, flowing white dress. I felt like a princess, with my hair and makeup all done to perfection.

"Hey beautiful," Ty purred, walking over to me in his snug-fitting suit. "You ready?"

"I was born ready," I said, taking his hand as we made our way to the center of the stage, the crowd going silent.

"I would like to announce the new Luna of the Blood Moon Pack as my mate, Alicia Gray.."

And finally, we got our happy ending.

The END.

...

Hey guys!

I cannot believe that Rescue by the Rogue is over! I tried to make the ending as cheese-less as possible - I'm not quite sure how I did.

Let me know if you liked it, and what you liked about it!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :^