Chapter Forty-Three

Alicia's POV:

Ty's arms were wrapped tightly around me as we walked back to regroup. I felt protected being with him again. It was as if I had never left.

But I had. I had left, and probably torn apart a portion of what we had. I did it to save others, though. I couldn't have just left them.

I sighed in content, watching the Rogues from my Mutiny group as they walked alongside the Pack Wolves. 

 A soft kiss was pressed to my temple, and I looked up at Ty. He smiled softly, a goofy grin on his face and eyes twinkling.

"I'm so happy to see you, and so sorry I got you into trouble." His voice was hoarse with emotion.

I returned a soft smile before I fully processed his words. 'Getting me in trouble'? - what was he talking about? I hadn't seen him in weeks. Noticing my confusion, Ty pulled back slightly to fully examine my face.

"Ally-?"

"What do you mean, 'got you into trouble'? I haven't seen you in..." my breath hitched at the thought of being apart for so long.

"I came and saw you, just a few days ago... Don't you remember?"

"Remember what?"

"I came to see you, but you told me that I was messing everything up by just being there. Someone was opening the door to your office just as I jumped out the window."

I shook my head in confusion. Not a word of this was making sense.

"You don't remember?" He asked with a slight pout to his words. 

"No-"

"Alpha Tyler." We both turned to see an allied Alpha, along with his men, coming over to greet Ty. I slipped out of his arms, gave him a reassuring smile, and turned around. I wasn't going to stand in the way of his Alpha duties.

...

"General Kelly."

I turned around to find Marcus standing there, a cut running down his face from the battle.

"What is it, Marcus?"

"We are going to need to go back to the Rogue Complex."

"They already know that we are against them, though. They weren't blind during that last fight."

"It's not safe out here, though. For you especially."

"What is that supposed to mean," I asked putting my hands on my hips. "You think I can't handle myself?"

"That's not what I was-"

A deep growl ripped through the air. The tension became almost tangible. I looked behind me to see Ty, already shifted, along with the rest of the packs and some of my Rouges in a line. Battle formation.

I shielded my eyes from the now-blazing sun to get a better view of what we were up against. Just ahead were Rogues, all in battle formations of their own, and ready for battle.

"No, you guys have to retreat!" Marcus called to my mate, who only growled once again in return. "They outnumber you three to one! It may not look like it, but the Rogues actually took the time to train these ones. Fall back, now!"

I yanked his arm, pulling him away from our wolves that were about to go head to head in battle. "Stop! Marcus, it isn't going to work! There isn't anything you can do that will make an Alpha, or multiple in this case, back down from going to war! These are their sworn enemies, they'll fight them eventually."

Marcus cursed under his breath. He shifted, shredding his uniform, before heading to join the ranks. I followed and was about to step behind Ty when he nudged me out of the way.

Through our mind-link, he spoke. "The hell you're going to fight out there, in this kind of battle."

"I am," I tried to fight back. "I already formed a Mutiny group and aided you guys, but now you won't let me finished what I started?"

"Stay back, and only fight when necessary, that's all I ask of you. I just can't afford to lose you."

Nodding, and finally agreeing, I stayed towards the back, blending in with all the fighters.

I was ready. Or so I hoped.

...

Within minutes, victory looked like it was going to be ours. The front groups of Rogues didn't know how to fight and fell to the power of our jaws. I had listened to Ty but still aided some Warriors in knocking down the Rogue infantry. 

Just as we finished that group, though, I saw them. 

Marching over the hill was the same number of Rogues we had previously fought, which was somewhere in the hundreds. These ones were different, though. They had actual professional uniforms, symbolizing a higher rank. They walked more like a pack, ready to take down their enemy. The other group had been disorganized and had panicked by the time they had reached us.

This new group wasn't giving off any signs of fear, though. An uneasy feeling was starting to bloom in my stomach.

No, we were going to pull through and win. We just had to.

"Ally, I don't know about this new group, I want you to stay back," Ty said through mind-link, just before he lunged at the new Rogue group, already taking down two.

"But-"

"Not but's. You stay back, and that's final."

I growled lowly, and cut off the connection. No, not with this many Rogues was I going to stand back.

I didn't get far, though, before I saw our numbers starting to crumble. The Rogues may not have had all the extensive training that the Pack Warriors had had, but there were enough of them to completely overwhelm some.

Even Ty was showing signs of wear about halfway through the group.

I charged forward, newfound energy surging through me to protect my pack. The Packs.

Just as I was near Ty, I was suddenly surrounded by three snarling Rogues.

One pounced on me, and that was all it took for everything to go black.

...

Hey guys!

I am so sorry for the lack in updating this last week! I have been exceptionally busy, and probably will be next week. I am going to try and finish this book by next weekend, so wish me luck!

What do you think is going to happen? 

Let me know in the comments!

I'll try to update as soon as I can!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;"