Chapter Six

Alicia's POV:

Once I had gotten back to the small "house" I was staying at, I turned on the TV and made a snack. What can I say, I really do like hanging out on the couch. I mean, I haven't had this stuff for a decade - can you really blame me? 

I couldn't believe I had been able to see my friends and family again, so soon. It wasn't that I didn't want to tell them that was keeping me from revealing my secret, but the thought that they wouldn't let me go. That they would hold me hostage if they knew I had finally returned. I promised Maria and Leo I would return. I wasn't about to leave them. I had been with them longer than anyone here. 

Before I could get to immersed in my thoughts, a knock sounded from my door. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stood up. Who could want to see me? I opened it to find Ty standing there, his hands stuffed deep in his pockets. A smile sprinkled his face as he looked up from the ground and met my gaze. It's kind of ironic when he's almost a full foot taller than me. 

"Hey Ally, I just wanted to let you know that the pack is going to be eating dinner in the next few minutes if you would like to come." With that, he shot me one last smile before turning and leaving. Looked like if I decided to go I wasn't going to have a personal escort. Sighing,  I decided to attend. I didn't need to look like some antisocial freak if I wanted to stay here for a while. I still planned on leaving once I had thoroughly planned my rescue to save my friends. 

Who really were my friends though? Were they the people I left behind when I was kidnapped, or the ones I had met while locked away in a cell.

"So, are we going to dinner or what?" Sarah was extremely insistent to go to dinner. After all, we may or may not have not eaten much for lunch. The one thing that was holding me back was seeing my family. I wanted to tell them I had returned so badly... but I still had friends I needed to save. Knowing how protective they were before my abduction, I knew there was no chance of sneaking out of the house and returning to that prison.

I decided heading there was probably best, though. I needed the food and Sarah was super eager to socialize. I knew the pack may be hesitant at allowing a new member in, but I think we would all get along just fine. I quickly pocketed the key to my small "house" before I headed out. What could possibly go wrong?

...

The dining hall was quite exquisite. At first I stumbled along, not sure where to go until the memories flooded back. I had had my first eight birthday parties here, and had eaten here every single day for eight years. 

The  smell was intoxicating as well. They had a full buffet, each having a different theme from somewhere around the world. They must've gained more power, because this was definitely a step up from what we used to have here. It was also a step up from the rogue's dining. 

I looked around, finding the table that fit every pack member running down the middle of the room. Okay, so because the pack was so big, there were lots of smaller tables sprinkled around, but the main table still held the most people. Ty was sitting at the head of the table, laughing at something Damion, his beta, had said. I couldn't help but think of how attractive he looked, even in this setting. Wait, what was I thinking?

I quickly shook my head, trying to clear these crazy thoughts from my mind. Before I could come any closer and make my presence noticed, a flash of blonde hair momentarily blinded me. I looked to see that Sabrina was in front of me, her fake tanned body blocking my view from the rest of the pack, and most of all, Ty.

"Look, rogue. I don't know why you think you can just walk in here like this, but that's not how it works." She looked as though she was disgusted she was talking to someone of my status. I had known Sabrina long enough to know what she wanted. She wanted to scare people out of her way so there was nothing standing between her and power. She wanted the Luna position since day one, and there wasn't really anything stopping her from getting it.