Chapter Thirty-Two

Ty's POV:

It had been about two days since I had last seen my precious mate, and I felt like I was going to be sick. 

I knew that she had to be the one to start the rebellion on the inside - which she was entirely capable of - but the thought of her getting caught made my stomach roll.

I had decided that if I was going to take on the rogues head first, I needed back up. So, what better way to get it than forming an alliance with other packs?

"Alpha Asher is ready to speak with you," one of the pack members of the Blood Red Pack said, bowing slightly before leading me into his office. Our packs weren't necessarily allies, but we weren't enemies either.

As I entered the office, I saw the man that I had seen at multiple pack wide meetings. He looked to be in his late twenties, with jet black hair that was slicked back. He wore a black suit with his Beta and Gamma beside him. Despite my slightly wrinkled attire, I felt a new surge of confidence with my Beta and best friend Damion at my side.

Asher looked up and smirked, standing up to greet us. "Alpha Tyler and Beta Damion of the Blood Moon Pack, what a pleasure to see you." We all shook hands before we took seats across from them. "So, what brings you to my pack?"

"I need a favor," I said briskly, getting straight to the point. I wasn't one to beat around the bush. "You and your pack are the missing piece to this puzzle, and you are going to have to offer us your support in the end."

"You mean the Wanted Wolf?" He said with an eye-roll. "If so, you aren't the first to ask. And my answer has been final for a while - I will not participate in this wild goose chase - I don't care who their father is."

I sat there silent, my jaw ticking before I responded. "It's not about the Wanted Wolf. It's about the Rogues." His ears perked up and eyes focused on me with newfound interest at my words. "I think they are getting ready to take over."

...

"So let me get this straight..." Alpha Asher said, leaning back in his chair. "You want my pack to join you in taking over the Rogues before they do? How do I know that they actually pose any threat at all? What if you are simply lying? Have you any proof of your wild accusations?"

"I think we have all known for a while," I spoke, trying to keep my voice as cool and collected as I could make it. "The rogues are no easy target, they are becoming a major threat the more time passes. There camps are torturing people and building up their armies. My mate was taken hostage by them not too long ago."

His eyes softened at the mention of Ally. Being mate-less, he didn't quite understand to the extent of which this effected me, but he had enough of an idea. "I'll make you a deal - a troop of my scouts will go out. If what you say is true, we will help you in this war. As will our allies, I'll make sure of it. But if it isn't, and you are trying to wage a war that never existed - be prepared for our wrath."

I nodded and thanked him. He went over what packs he would try to secure, and I listed a few of my immediate allies. Comparing notes, we had roughly 8 packs, including our own, in general. With that force, wiping the rogues out would be easy.

Looking at the map of the nearby territories, I looked up at Alpha Asher curiously. "What about the Silver Crescent Pack? Or the Blue Moon Pack? Aren't they fighting for our common cause."

Alpha Asher just rolled his eyes. "Those men who say that they run their pack are fools," he spat. "That so-called "Alpha" Anthony who took over after that whole Barlow disaster is an idiot if he thinks he won't have an uprising or attack. And the Silver Crescent Pack is vulnerable after the current switch between Alphas."

I knew this was true. Although the Alpha of the Silver Crescent Pack was smart, a new Alpha could be power driven and unwise. It was all just the play of the cards.

Trying to crack a joke, Alpha Asher smiled. "Before you know it, Rogues will be the least of our problems. Who knows, maybe even witches will take over and have their rule."

Chuckling slightly, before saying my farewells, I muttered, "Those'll be the days."

...

"Alpha Tyler," the troop said in chorus, while Aaron stood beside them, rolling his eyes. Even as a pup, he had never cared for rank, although he was a Gamma after all.

"Our latest plan will be to guide some of the scouts from the Blood Red Pack the current Rogue situation. With this verification, we will be able to take them down together. We have roughly eight packs help if this is the case." My men hooted and hollered, before I sent them a bone chilling glare. They got back in position, met up with the scouts, and we headed out.

Damion came up to me about ten minutes in to running in wolf form. "How much longer is it going to take until we go to war with the rogues if we have to even verify their existence?" His voice, even through mind link, was laced with worry, which I usually never heard. As higher ups, unless you wanted a mutiny, you never showed fear. You never showed much, actually.

"Just enough for us to be prepared," I growled out. "Just enough for the rogues to think they are unopposed before we take them down."

Damion chuckled darkly in response. "There is a pretty fine line between how long it will take to get support and troops ready, and the time it takes for the rogues to start their take over."

"Well, then we'll just have to time it right."

...

Hey guys!

I know that I haven't updated in a while, and don't be surprised if I don't update in the next week. 

So... do you guys like the references I made to Wanted by the Wolves & Wanted by the Witches?

I was planning on making this parallel series to it, where this one had a sequel and both series shared the same third book. I decided that that was going to be too complicated, so instead this book is just going to overlap with Wanted by the Wolves and I might mention Alicia and Ty in Wanted by the Witches. 😏

Until next time....

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)