Chapter Thirty

Alicia's POV:

He made it out. Ty made it out.

When the guards had burst into my room, they mentioned hearing a second voice, and a strange lingering scent, but with my strict orders and their insufficient evidence, they swiftly left the room, returning to their posts outside my door.

The thing was, even though I did spend a decade in the Rogue's custody, I wasn't entirely alone - I had people in the cells next to me. But here - this felt more like a prison than anything else.

I had worried all night that somehow Ty would get found out or caught, that he hadn't been fast enough. Finally, at somewhere around 2 am, I passed out from exhaustion, and when I awoke at 6 am sharp, no mention of any  capture had been announced. Even though it felt like I was under house arrest, no one had bothered to keep anything from me. I was technically a general after all.

After hanging around the dining quarters for two hours simply trying to blow off some time, I decided that it was time to get serious. I needed to contact Ty soon, and being unproductive all day wasn't going to get me anywhere.

Deciding that I needed to stay unsuspicious, I knew that asking Hank for permission like I had done before would help me blend right in. I could just say that I felt like I needed to do something, go outside and survey troops, and then start mind-linking Ty, as well as maybe see him.

I knew that if I was coming back in in a hurry, I didn't want anyone recognizing me, so I hurried up to my room to grab a jacket. 

Just as I came around the corner, I noticed a new guard positioned outside of my room. Yes, they switched out guards often, but not this often. And it wasn't even that that threw me for a loop - it was their appearance. 

From the ten feet away from them I was, I could just make out their facial features, which were pulled into a stoic, but focused, expression. My breath caught in my throat as I inched closer. No, it couldn't be...

His head snapped to me, causing me to stop my advance abruptly. I had been wrong when I had thought I was moving undetected. 

"Hey Ally," he said, his voice hoarse, as if he had just finished yelling something. 

And before I knew what was happening, he pulled me by the upper arm and into my room, locking the door securely behind us. 

"Sam?! How did you get here?! Are you okay?" I asked hurriedly, only to have him place his hand over my mouth. 

"You need to stay quiet, okay," he whispered, shooting me a warning glance before looking through the peep hole in the door to check for something. More like someone. "I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be getting acquainted with the building and it's people. Honestly, it's the easiest way for someone to slip in.

"Besides that, though," he said, looking directly at me, "a new guard will take my post once they noticed that no one is there. So we need to stay quiet - silent almost - if we want no one barging in here."

I nodded in response, knowing better than to voice my understanding. We moved closer to the opposing wall, and farther from direct sight from the doorway. Once I knew we were safe, I spoke. 

"How did you get here? How did you get away from the Omega Complex?" I asked hurriedly, searching his eyes for some kind of answer. Although I hadn't completely grown up with him, there were some things I could never forget about my brother. And the way his brow crinkled in a moment of stress was one of them.

Sam sighed, running a hand down his face. "After you left, some of the guards accused me for your escape, saying I had a thing for you and was going to let you run free." After pausing to roll his eyes, he continued. "I convinced everyone that that wasn't true, and after some interrogation," he shivered at the word, "I was sent here, to bring higher security. They still are watching me, though. Very carefully. I don't have the trust that I had just a few weeks back. Now, it's like I'm a brand-new recruit. Ready to run at the first sign of struggle."

I didn't know what to say. My brother had already sacrificed so much for me and my cause. I didn't want to feel like I was asking more from him, or make his help feel unwanted, like my words sometimes brought.

So, I decided to give him my own update as well. "Well, I've been here for a while. I'm not supposed to remember who I am. I am supposed to be 'General Kelly', whose entire troop was slaughtered by Ty's pack. I'm supposed to be the one hell bent on revenge," I spat, my words flying out like the vile things they were, "but I only want revenge against one group of people - the rogues, the one who messed with me, my life, and my family in such a terrible, crippling way. 

"Ty is just beyond the gates right now, planning with his pack and other allies to make a break in here, to attempt to take them down. My only job now, after I meet with them, is to assemble my own army and group that cannot only offer information, but also support when the battle comes."

Sam stayed silent for a moment, before scratching his chin and looking at my face with a bewildered stare. "Wait, do you mean that you actually intend to meet Ty, today?"

I nodded. "Weren't you listening, I said-"

"Of course I was listening," he said, staring at the wall in front of him. "Security has been increased though, and you so much as mind-linking him will be under scrutiny. If you mess up on the slightest thing, no matter how carefully planned the rendezvous is, this whole 'plan' that is in the works will be destroyed, and any hope you have will be gone.

"The only time you can possibly meet with him is at one o'clock in the afternoon, through the back exit to the edge of the forest. That is the one sliver of land that doesn't have adequate guards and soldiers on all 24/7. Just watch where you are going, and have a back up story that fits in any circumstance."

He was about to say more, when the bell rang in the hall, reporting all soldiers and guards on the base report to a certain area. 

"I'll try to speak to you when I can. And don't try to seek out Ty so that you can inform him about what I told you. I already have Aaron on his way."

With that, he left the room, leaving me to listen to the ever growing silence. Things seemed like they were going to become a little harder than I had originally imagined.

Since all the guards and soldiers were gone, but not the Generals, I headed out into the halls, finding the coast completely clear. 

I didn't plan on sitting around, not now. I was going to find my new army.

And we were going to fight back.

...

Hey guys!

I know it's been a while, and I am so sorry!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't gotten a chance to go on here much!

Also, I just want to say thank you to all the readers who read my other book, Wanted by the Wolves, which was started this February and now has over 22K views!

I hope that at some point this book reaches there!

Anyway...

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :p