Chapter Fourteen

Alicia's POV:

Let's just say the pack was shocked to hear of my return. I mean, the Gamma's daughter had been back for a while, and no one noticed!

Due to the amount of people suddenly screeching my name and yelling things, Ty thought it would be best for me to step off to the side for a minute before he gave a quick speech. "As your Alpha, I want to make an announcement. You will be allowed to visit with your new Luna, but only in small groups at a time. We do not need to overwhelm her. Is that understood?" From the growl I heard in his voice, I was guessing it was more of a statement since they really had no other choice but accept their Alpha's choice right now.

After Ty finished speaking with his pack, he came back and stood with me, and my family entered the room. Of course, they were the first wolves to be chosen.

Cody approached me, his jaw tight, his eyes swirling with some unidentifiable emotions. Beside him stood Elliot, another one of my older brothers, and my mom and dad. All of them had aged a lot since my eight year old self last saw them. "Alicia...?"

"It's me," I bit my lip to hold the wave of tears that threatened to break loose.

"How could you?" Cody growled. "How could you do that?!"

Do what? Did Cody seriously think it was my fault I was taken and didn't return for a whole decade?

"Honey calm-" My mom tried to soothe her raging son before she was cut off. 

"HOW COULD YOU LEAVE YOUR FAMILY LIKE THAT?! DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO HURT THE ONES YOU LOVE THAT DEEPLY?!"

"Cody." My father's voice was stern as he looked at his son disgustedly. "That was unnecessary. Although we were all thinking it, you didn't need to lose control like that."

I looked around, shocked. Did they actually think I chose the future given to me? I didn't ask to be handed this path, no one is!

"Honey, why did you leave us?" My mother asked, glancing between her husband and sons worriedly. "Did you not like the life we gave you?"

"What are you guys talking about? I was held captive by rogues for a decade, not hanging out in some luxury five star resort."

"W-we heard you got out 8 years ago, though. We heard you moved on, found your mate..." Cody looked downwards as he spoke.

"And just who exactly did you hear this from?" I nearly jumped, forgetting that my mate was standing right behind me, taking everything in. 

"Other wolves from adjoining packs, Alpha. They said she left our brothers behind and for that they were slaughtered."

"I haven't seen them since you guys have!" I practically screamed, tears streaming down my face. Was this how they saw me, as a weakling? As someone who would leave their family behind in a time of crisis? If that was the amount of faith they had in me, their only daughter, then I was ashamed. 

"That's a lie!" Cody's eyes flared with rage before they completely burned out, his nervous self shining through. "That can't be true... it just can't."

I shook my head at my family's ignorance. Had they really thought this was my plan - to make everyone suffer like that? That I stayed away because I couldn't stand them. I couldn't help but turn and walk away to hide the tears. I heard people calling for me to come back, including my mate.

At that moment, I just knew. It wasn't working for me being here. I needed to go. 

Why not just face the rogues this time, no more running away?

...

"Ally, wait!" Ty appeared beside me, confusion etched over his godly features. Not the right time to think about this, I scolded Sarah before heading into my bedroom. 

"Ally, I'm sorry they said that. It was totally out of line-"

"Ty, they're my family. I know they didn't mean it. Now can we let it drop." I really felt bad feeding him lies, but I needed him to stop pestering me on this. 

"Okay, sure. " He ran a hand through his hair, looking around. "I really know they didn't mean it though. I- they were just worried, and happened to assume the worst."

"Don't they always," I chuckled darkly.

"Do you want to watch a movie tonight? Something to get away from everyone else?" Ty obviously just wanted to spend time with me, which I would've totally been up for had the day gone different.

"Yeah, but I want to do it by myself. No one around, including you." I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt my wolf and I to see him look down dejectedly, realizing I didn't even want to spend time with him.

"Okay, well, tell me if you need anything." He walked out, his head down. On a normal occasion, he would have pestered me for why, and upon explanation still refuse to leave. But after a day like today, he understood.

I was extremely thankful for that, because I already had my next move planned. I pulled together a bundle of clothing and food before I made my way over to the window. Taking a deep breath, I threw it open.

I was going to do this. I was going to finally escape. And this time, this time I was going to succeed.

The only thing I left behind was a note, verifying I wasn't kidnapped.

Dear Blood Moon Pack, My Family, My Mate,

Pack - I am sorry to say that although you have been welcome, I really must go. I can't stay here anymore. I may return, but that really depends on what your Alpha chooses to do. If he comes after me, he could endanger himself as well as the rest of you. No matter what, don't let him go after your Luna. I hope that I will return safely, but in the event that is not true, I want to let you know that your Alpha will be able to find another mate to rule.

Family - I am sorry that you think I am a backstabber and can't stand any of you, which is why you probably won't be surprised that I ran. I guess I just couldn't stay here any longer because of you. I am going partly to search for the only part of the family that hasn't lost faith in me yet - Sam and Aaron. If they are still out there, I will warn them of you. Thanks for the support until I left - your daughter.

Mate - Ty, I am sorry that even though we just got reunited, our paths will have to break off once again. I just can't stay. I think seeing through my parents' eyes really showed me that. If you try to hunt me down, you will only be harming me, your pack, and yourself. So whatever you do, don't follow me. Let me be, this is what I want to do with my life, and mate or not, you can't stop me. Love, Ally.

I sighed, taking one last glance before I slipped out the window, and took off running. Hopefully, going at a time they least expect, the Blood Moon Pack and ones I love won't chase after me.

For the rogues, though, I couldn't wait to see the shocked look on their faces when I strolled back in. I had every move planned out, every line I would say memorized.

After all, it was GAME ON.

...

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated this story in a while!

Anyway, I hope you liked the twist. I know it seemed like she wasn't going to run anymore, but as you can see, that isn't the case.

So, do you think she is going to get caught by Ty before she reaches the rogues?

Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;*