2

The next morning after I had fixed myself up I made my way to my fathers office, the oval office, where I waved at Nancy, the secretary, outside the door before walking right in.

He was sat behind his desk, the phone pressed to his ear as he wrote something down on a large yellow notepad.

He glanced up and smiled at me before nodding over to the sofa.

"Alright. Thank you Prime Minister, it was wonderful to talk with you." My father said and then hung up the phone. "Emmy! How has your morning been?" He then stood up and grinned at me.

"Good." I smiled. "Yours?"

"Busy as always." He smiled and then pressed the intercom.

"Nancy, can you bring Emmy and I some tea please?"

"Yes, Mr. President." Her voice came back.

"Nancy, how many times have I told you to call me Blake?" My father adorably frowned.

"I'm not sure, Mr. President."

I laughed as my dad scoffed and then walked over to sit next to me.

"So are you excited for college?" He asked me. "University of New Hampshire, that's where you've always wanted to go."

"I know." I smiled.

"Well as I was saying yesterday, I spoke with the president of the school about options for your housing."

"Okay." I pressed him to continue.

"The school has graciously offered to convert one of the dorms into an apartment for you."

"Dad, I don't need that much space."

"Well see, here's the thing," He said kind of guiltily. "With everything going on right now in the world, I only want what is best for you and your safety is my top priority. That's why they will be making it a two bedroom apartment, so a secret service agent can live with you there."

"I'm getting an apartment with a random person?!"

"You'll get to know them after a while i'm sure." He tried to calm my anxiety.

"Who is it? Is it a girl?"

"Well it isn't decided who it will be yet."

I sighed.

"I just want to go to college like a normal kid, dad." I whined.

"I know, but you're not a normal kid Emmy."

After this I stayed to have tea with him, the rest of our conversation on our two dogs Lion and Tiger.

I then made my way back to my room to get a head start on my thank you notes to the people who had given me gifts.

As the people I went to school with partied on the beaches for their family vacations or with their friends, I was cooped up in a room watching old Friends re-runs while writing up into the six hundreds of thank you notes.

Summer was supposed to be fun, but I never really had much fun anymore.

As my summer progressed I became increasingly more worried about college.

Who would the agent be that would be living with me? Would my classes be hard? What if I hated it there?"

As the summer neared its close I had to pack, and after five boxes in on my first day the phone rang in my room, and I went to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Emmy, come to my office will you?" My fathers voice came across.

"Sure. Be there in a minute."

I put on some socks and my slides, not really caring about my appearance. I had on track shorts and a hooded light blue sweater.

I made my way to the oval office as I put my brown hair up in a messy bun.

I walked right in as usual and was surprised people were actually in here.

Well, a person was here besides my father.

The man was young by his facial features, but was tall and lean yet muscular. His dark hair was pushed back, showing off his creamy skin and bright jade eyes.

Those eyes.

He was the man from the gala. I had forgotten about him except for the occasional appearance of those eyes in a dream.

But now he was here in person.

He was definitely attractive.

"Emmy, this is Harry Styles. He's who has been assigned to live with you at UNH." My fathers voice snapped me out of my staring trance.

"I'm living with a guy?" I blurted out and Harry looked my direction, no expression on his face.

"He's the best of the best Em, you understand. He can keep you safe while you get your degree."

I don't know why I felt so uncomfortable with this but I did.

"You leave in two days Emma, I think you and Harry should go get aquatinted while you pack, and help make the transition a little easier. He's a nice man."

I looked at my father and then at this Harry guy before huffing like a dramatic teenager and stomping out of the room.

This was ridiculous, I didn't need to be baby sat. Especially by some random guy I don't know, no matter how attractive he is.

I was halfway to my room when I realised I was being followed and turned to see Harry strolling after me, his eyes cast down on the floor.

When I got to my room I closed the door before he could  get in and when I did I heard a knock.

I whipped around to open the door.

"What?" I asked him through my teeth but he just looked at me as if saying what I already know.

Your father sent me so we can get to know each other.

"Look, I don't need a baby sitter when i'm at college." I said and he didn't respond.

He just looked at me.

"Whatever, come in if you want, I don't care." I said and walked away.

I noticed he caught the door and then stepped inside.

He stood near the wall as I went to sit on the floor in front of my dresser to continue putting clothes into boxes.

I know my father won't let me go to school alone, but I wish I didn't have to live with a stranger. But even though I do, I know i'll have to get over it at some point.

I glanced up at Harry who is looking around my room.

"I'm sorry for my attitude earlier, i'm just a bit upset that I can't go on my own to college." I apologised.

He looked back over at me.

"So, I guess you can tell me about yourself Harry." I continued but he looked away.

He didn't talk to me.

He just stood there and watched me the entire time I packed up my room and then left once I was done.

This was going to be hell.