87

happy update!

well, i hope this chapter gives you a little more insight into what Harry and Emma are both thinking

also, read the A/N at the end!

i hope you enjoy :)

Harry's PoV:

I sat in my office staring at the computer as I rocked back and forth in my rolling chair.

Emma and I hadn't really spoken in days.

It was obvious she was upset about what had happened the other night with our conversation, but I didn't know what I could do about that.

She always complained that I never told her how I felt and then when I did it got her upset.

Being together in my apartment was awkward.

We got home at different times and in the morning we wouldn't talk. She wouldn't even kiss me goodbye before she left which was something she always had done, even when we weren't living together.

I didn't know how we were going to live in this townhome now and I was starting to worry that it was going to get called off.

A knock at my office door had me looking up to see Liam standing in the doorway.

"What's the matter with you brooding brooderton?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I shook my head as I sat up.

"That's what we all say." He said as he sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk. "I'm going to guess girlfriend problems?"

I looked away and sighed.

"She find out about the-"

"No." I glared at him. "It's something else, and I don't know how to handle it."

"Maybe I could offer some advice?" He suggested. "We could grab a drink after work."

"That actually sounds good to me."

"Cool, i'll catch ya later." He said and got up before leaving.

Later that afternoon I left my office to go pick up Mila and Emma so we could go for, what  was sure to be a very awkward horse riding lesson.

When I got to the West Wing exit where we usually met they weren't there.

"Have you seen Ms. Winston and Mila?" I asked one of the guards standing by the door.

"They left about ten minutes ago." He said and I nodded.

I guess I was uninvited.

I made my way back to my office to get ahead for the next day, and at 7:00 Liam came by so we could go.

He and I left the White House and made our way to a bar several blocks away that was fairly crowded but we snagged a couple barstools when two people left.

"I'll take a scotch." I said to the bartender who nodded at me.

"So what's the deal with you and Emma?" He asked.

"We were watching the news the other night and this stupid report came on that talked about us possibly getting engaged, so then of course we had to talk about it and she's upset."

"Well what did you say?"

"She wants to get married and have kids and I told her that I don't. I never have."

"Why not?"

"That's never been who I am. You know that." I said to him. "I've always said I never wanted to get married."