9

I was giddy when the plane touched down in Washington, ready to see my family.

Harry had stayed in the back of the plane the rest of the flight but I had let it go, ignoring him when he walked out with a sullen look on his face.

He had never asked me if I was okay before, so I didn't ask him and let him work through whatever was making him act so weird on his own.

The car ride to the White House was silent as well, and I kept looking at the side of Harry's face trying to decipher the emotion he was feeling as he stared out the window.

But the moment we pulled up and my door was opened I forgot about him and his sour attitude because my family dogs Lion and Tiger ran up to me.

"Hi, boys!" I gasped before kneeling down on the ground so I could scratch them behind the ears.

I laughed as Lion jumped on me trying to lick my face and then looked up when I heard a shout of my name.

"Emmy!"

To my surprise, my cousin Jamie stood there inside the doorway, my smile instantly widening. Jamie was my favourite cousin because he was my only cousin.

Well, Mila was my cousin also but she was more like a little sister to me.

Jamie was one year older than me and played football at Penn State. His brown hair was perfectly styled and his brown eyes gleamed when he saw me because I was his favourite cousin too.

When my brother Grayson died, Jamie and I became even closer than before. He was like my brother now.

"Jamie!" I squealed before running forward and jumping into his arms. "Oh my God i've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too." He hugged me tight before kissing my cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me you'd be here?"

"I wanted to surprise you." He cheekily smiled. "Come on, your parents are waiting for you."

He set me down and I turned around to call Lion and Tiger to follow, noticing Harry looking at me with a glare.

What the hell was his problem?

Once the dogs ran over to me I followed Jamie inside, leaving a disgruntled Harry behind me.

He and other secret service men were unloading our vehicle and another two men came to escort Jamie and I to my fathers office.

When we walked in my parents were standing in the middle of the room speaking with some of their staff, my father then noticing me and grinning.

"There she is!"

I wasted no time in skipping forward to hug him.

"Dad!"

"I've missed you, sweetheart." He kissed the top of my head.

"I've missed you too, Dad."

"Emmy!" My mother squealed before hugging me tightly.

"Hi, Mom."

"I'm so happy you're home for the weekend."