65

happy update! (again, not a super cheerful update)

so many of you have been wondering why this update took so long, and i sent out a message but to those of you who don't know, I had to have an emergency surgery the other week. Due to that i was behind on my school work since i missed several days, and i've also been trying to recover because that's the most important thing.

But during my absence we hit some also milestones!! 24/7 hit #1 on the fanfiction chart and we also reached 2 MILLION READS!!!

again, thank you thank you thank you all from the bottom of my heart. i love you all so much.

now back to the reading

enjoy the update ;)

It had been two days since Harry had been taken away from me.

I hadn't spoken to my parents yet, but also, I hadn't spoken to Harry.

I didn't even know if he had his phone, so I had no idea when we or if we were going to speak.

I wasn't expecting my parents to talk to me anytime soon, so when my bedroom door opened I was a bit shocked to see my mom walk in.

I could see it in her eyes and body language that she was nervous.

"Can we talk?" She asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as she came over to sit on the side of my bed.

"Emma, what is going on with you?" She asked. "Sleeping with Harry?"

I shook my head.

"We weren't just sleeping together."

"Okay. Then please explain to me what you were doing."

"We were dating."

"Dating. So he was secretly your...boyfriend...if that's the right term, this entire time?"

I nodded.

"Since when exactly?"

"September."

Her eyes went a little wide.

"So during the attacks, and your surgery, and Mila's kidnaping...you two were secretly dating."

"Yes."

"So when you were shot he wasn't just emotional because you were injured, he was emotional because you were his girlfriend."

"Yeah." I said and she nodded.

"So...was he convicted of conspiracy or did you guys finally open your eyes and realise that he's innocent?" I asked with a snarky attitude.

"He was not convicted...but that doesn't mean he's innocent, Emma. I still believe that he took advantage of his position of power over you."

"But he didn't." I shook my head. "I don't know how many times I have to say that in order for you to believe me. Our relationship was consensual. I wanted it too."

"I don't understand why, Emma. He may be attractive but he's six years older than you. What could you two possibly have in common?"

"Aren't you the one who said I needed to date someone older and more mature?"

"I did say that but that didn't mean to go date the man who was supposed to be protecting you."

"Can't you understand that he can protect me and love me at the same time?"