Chapter1

Alexus POV
"Thank you your Honour. I call to the stand Micheal Joseph." I batted my eyelashes and smiled at the judge.

"Will the witness please stand to be sworn in by the bailiff?" The Judge spoke.

Growing up, we've always lived off of the streets. I guess that's just everybody's story. Our mom was a hard-working woman that tried to get food in our mouths. Our father went off with the military trying to earn as much money as we could. Sadly, they both passed away in our house fire that we had when we were younger. It was only Arnold and I, my older brother. He was so sweet, kind and over-protective. He wouldn't let anybody lay a single finger on me. He'd always say that he'd buy me my castle that would sit on top of the hills so I could look down on everybody. Arnold was one of the guys that tried to impress others, to show them what he was good at. He used to be one of them corner boys but eventually moved up.

Walking home, he got killed. Leaving me to suffer and struggle in this cold-hearted world. Arnold has gotten me everything and anything. There was a point in my life where I thought that we were finally rich. That we weren't living on the streets no more, that we had a roof over our heads and that we had a pillow to finally lay our heads on. I was so lucky for everything that he had done to help me succeed in life. Without him, I wouldn't be where I am today.

The bailiff did what he had to do. I turned back at my client and winked at him knowing that we got this in the bag. I knew we were going to win this case and I was sure of it.

"Mr Joseph, you've known Mr Trueman for 10 years, yes or no?" I questioned.

"Yes." He nodded his head.

"And I believe your were with Mr Trueman on the night of the suspected murder?".

"Yes.".

"Was there anything suspicious about Mr Trueman on the night?" I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"No, he was perfectly fine. After I dropped him home, I called again afterwards once I had reached my home to ask if he was okay." He explained.

"Your Honour, I have no more further questions." I looked at the judge.

"Defence, you may call your second witness." The judge looked at me.

"I'd also like to call officer David Jones to the witness stand." I say.

After the witness done what he needed to do, he walked over to the witness stand and held his head up high.

"Officer, when you pulled the car over, your ordered my client to turn off the ignition, right?" I questioned.

"Yes." He nodded his head simply.

"So you saw the defendant touch the keys?" I looked at him sternly

"Y-yes, I did." He quickly nodded his head.

"Do you know how far Coles & Son Car Sale is far from there?".

"Yes, it is half a mile from there.".

"Your Honour, I have no further questions." I turned my attention back to the judge.

As the case nearly ended, we needed to hear what the jury had to say. I was positively confident that we were going to win no matter what. My client hasn't done nothing wrong and he shouldn't get punished for no good reason. I'm one of the best lawyers here in California and mostly everyone comes to me for my aide. I've won many cases and have only lost 1.