Chapter9

Alexus POV
"Yes Yo, I won't forget to bring the ingredients for the fried chicken and brownies." I laughed into the phone.

"Make sure you don't." She said through the other end of the line.

Tomorrow was Christmas Day and we were all supposed to leave for Orlando's house. I was currently at the mall just shopping and buying last minute presents for everybody. Christmas is my favourite holiday. It's when all my friends and I can finally sit down together and just have fun. This year is gonna be my first year without Arnold and I am feeling really sad. He'd always get everyone together and have dinner as one big family. Now, I gotta be independent.

"Okay, that's everything." I said placing all the shopping in my boot.

I got inside the car and sat inside whilst texting Ty. He and Nala went off somewhere to buy everybody's presents. I turned on the radio and Bryson Tiller's Blowing Smoke came on. I love this guy, I swear!

Ty POV
"You done?" I asked Nala.

"Hold up." She said.

"Quick cuz' Alexus said to hurry up. She already at the car." I looked away from my phone.

"Alright, I've finished paying for everything." She smiled at me.

"Hurry up bruh, I know O cooked something up and it's waiting for me. It's calling my fucking name bro." Toby smacked his teeth.

"Nigga shut the fuck up." Nala rolled her eyes and laughed.

I took her by the hand and we left the store heading back to the car. I finish school in 7 months and I'm glad that I've even started. This year has gone from bad to good. From stealing and getting into trouble to meeting Alexus and Nala. They've changed who I am and I'm glad that they've done that. Looking at her, I just know that I'm the luckiest guy in the whole wide world to have her as my girlfriend. I may not say 'I love you' to her but she doesn't know how much I love her on the inside. I'm lucky to have a best friend like Toby too. We're like the 3 musketeers and we only fuck wit' each other in school too.

"So, we heading straight to Orlando's house?" Nala asked me.

"Yeah, your stuff's in the car, right?" I looked at her hair.

"Yeah." She nodded her head.

Reaching the car, I could see Alexus through the window singing her all. I laughed a little and shook my head. I opened the boot of the car and entered Nala and I's presents for everyone inside the car separated from Alexus'. We got in the back seat and Lexus jumped turning the music off.

"Ah no continue singing, I like seeing you sing. It's entertaining." Nala commented as she laughed.

"Whatever." Alexus laughed as she fixed her hair.

I love Alexus and Nala's friendship. They act like they sisters and I love how Lex looks out for her every time. Nala's always at ours everyday and she's sleeping over most of the time.

"This is my song!" Nala screamed.

"Okay, okay let's sing!" Alexus cleared her throat.

I sat in the backseat with Toby watching them sing and we was just laughing the whole way through. I took out my phone videoing them on snap.

"Woke up in the hills this morning
Asking myself, how did I get here this morning?
'Vante Parker in that teal and orange
And Russell in that gold and purple
Youngest from the Ville, important
I used to sit up in my room and ponder
Finished school and get a Doctors
I'm twenty-two, I gotta get it now
Man who knew he'd have it figured out?
Trapsoul, man, I crack codes
Crack cocaine, that's what we putting out
These fuck niggas saying
Don't forget when you was broke, I was looking out
And some say there's levels to this shit
Damn look at all the levels that I skipped
Feeling like there's a medal I should get
All these haters getting heavy on my dick
Look at my niggas, chasing paper
Getting books with my niggas
So how the fuck can people back home say I shook on my niggas?
Your two cents ain't working for me." They sang along.