Chapter 7

It's not that Eleanor didn't see it coming, but she was expecting an explanation more than what Louis had been doing. Ever since Louis found out about Harry and Dr.Evans, almost a week ago, he had been distant. Not only with her, but with Harry as well. It was obvious he still loved Harry and Eleanor had decided to let him go. Sure, she loved the idiot too much to do that, but he obviously didn't reciprocate her feelings. In addition to that, Harry was more than in love with Louis and she still considered him a friend. She wanted him happy. She couldn't be with Louis when she knew that he and Harry were meant to be together from the start. She couldn't get in the way of their fate. Harry was prengnant with Louis' child and even though he would never admit it, he wouldn't even look at another man, let alone sleep with someone else. Eleanor was a hundred percent convinced that Harry was lying about cheating on Louis.

The familiar ringtone of 'Call me maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen was heard as she was cooking a meal for her and Louis and she reached into her back pocket to pick it up, forgetting to look at the caller's ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Mrs Calder!" A way too familiar voice greeted her, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Who is it?" She asked, puzzled.

"Oh, you don't recognise the voice of your own boss?"

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Dr.Evans. I didn't check who was calling, I'm sorry." She felt embarrassed.

"No, no, it's fine, El, don't worry. I just wanted to ask you about something and...What did I tell you? At work I'm Dr.Evans and in general I'm-"

"Blaine." She cut him off, smiling. "I know, sorry."

"I know you do. It's fine." He laughed.

"So, why did you want to talk to me?"

"Erm...Could you possibly be able to come in a bit earlier today?" He asked kindly.

"Can I ask why?" She questioned, her curiosity taking over, even though she was ninety nine percent sure it had to do with Harry.

"Me and Harry are going out today and I need to go home earlier to get ready. We don't have any more patients today, but I need you to cover for me." He explained.

"Of course, Dr.Ev-Blaine." Fuck, they couldn't go on that date, but she couldn't refuse. Her boss trusted her enough to rely on her and she had to go, even though she felt like she had to prevent them from going to their date.

"Thank you so much, Eleanor. I'll see you at work. Goodbye." He thanked her and before she could even reply, he had hung up.

"Shit." She mumbled under her breath.

"El? What happened?" Awesome. Louis appeared into the kitchen just as she served a plate for him to eat.

"Nothing, I just have to go in earlier today." Please, don't ask why, please.

"Why?" Of course he would ask. Eleanor felt bad.

"My boss needed to leave earlier." She explained. She knew that even if she lied, Louis would catch on quickly. He wasn't stupid.

"Your boss is Dr.Evans, right?"

"Yes." She mumbled.

"Oh. Okay, now I get it." He frowned.

"Lou, honestly, don't be like this. I understand, I can help you get him back." She said, she hated seeing him like that. She grabbed his wrist when he turned to leave and he looked at her with wide eyes.