Chapter 12

Being seven and a half months pregnant, Harry felt like he was useless and bored out of his mind. The past few weeks had been really uneventful and boring. Whereas the boys had been rehearsing and jumping up and down on stage while singing, Harry was only allowed to sing with them while sitting down or occasionally standing while singing Over Again, a song that wasn't supposed to hype him up. Plus, Louis was always with the boys at the rehearsals and they only had some alone time for approximately two hours a day, after each show.

Harry hated that he couldn't do anything on his own in order to protect his baby and be careful. He could manage just fine, but everyone treated him like he couldn't even walk.

"What do you want, Harry?" Louis asked, grabbing Harry's hand to pull him back on the couch carefully. He had made a move to get up, but there was no use in trying anymore.

"Can I get a glass of water on my own for once?" Harry yelled, frustrated as Louis stood up.

"No, baby, you can't. You shouldn't tire yourself out." Louis pointed out, his voice getting distant as he reached the kitchen. Harry shook his head and got up to go upstairs.

"Where're you going? Wait, I'm coming with you." Liam was quick to approach him, but Harry huffed and stopped him, by putting a hand on his chest.

"Please, don't do what he says. I'm completely fine on my own." He complained, trying hard not to sound like a whining cat.

"Louis is just looking out for you and the baby, Harry." Liam defended his best friend.

"Did I ask him to? No. I don't need you all treating me like a baby, I'm sick of it."

Silence fell into the room and the only thing that sounded next was Harry's bedroom door closing with force. Harry pulled off his clothes, keeping on his boxers and looked at his growing belly in the mirror. He had definitely gotten bigger and he noticed two little stretch marks right below his belly button. Harry always had something on his body that made him feel insecure about it, like his four nipples or his love handles that were too noticable compared to his legs, but the thing was, those little marks made him happy. He wasn't insecure about them; he loved them and he wished for more to appear. If anything, it meant that be was getting closer to have his baby in his arms.

He lied down on his bed after turning the lights off and kept rubbing on his stomach under the duvet, closing his eyes and enjoying the way his baby boy moved around. He hadn't felt him kick yet, but Blaine reassured him that if he kept on moving without stopping for more than twenty four hours, he would be alright.

"Haz?" He heard the door open and Louis whisper in the dark. Harry didn't reply, he was mad at him.

"Harry? Are you asleep?" He asked a bit louder and Harry felt the bed dip beside him. When Louis got no answer, he sighed and pressed his lips on his boyfriend's forehead and temple.

"I'm sorry, I love you." He whispered, brushing his lips against Harry's softly for a second and left. That's when Harry allowed the tears to fall and cried himself to sleep.

...

His eyes shot open by the time a few hours later after he felt something poking him inside his belly. He rubbed his eyes and turned to look at the clock on the nightstand. It was 04:20 am. He groaned and closed his eyes again, but the previous feeling came back. His eyes opened widely when he finally realised what was happening. He turned on the light and turned to see that Louis never came to bed with him, which made him frown. He got up and pulled on his white oversized t-shirt before going downstairs in search of his boyfriend.

He checked in the living room first, but he heard noises coming from the kitchen. Louis was sitting on the counter waiting for Liam who was apparently making tea, only now passing it in two cups. They hadn't noticed Harry coming in until he cleared his throat, "Is there any left for me?"