Chapter 15

"Eleanor, what's up?" Louis greeted as soon as he picked up his phone. He and Zayn were making dinner while Liam and Niall were out on a date. He had driven Harry to his mum's the day before since they had some interviews and recording to do. He didn't want Harry to stay at home alone, especially now that he had reached the nineth month.

"Lou, I want you to stay calm for this one." She warned him and Louis turned off the stove as he noticed how panicky her voice was.

"What is it, Eleanor?" He asked and Zayn was now looking at him worriedly.

"Harry is in labor, they brought him in a few minutes ago, can you, please, hurry?"

Louis didn't even answer. He hung up the phone, got the bag they had prepared for the hospital and grabbed Zayn by his ear to guide him to the car. He almost shut himself.

...

"Where is he, Blaine?" He yelled as soon as he stepped foot in the hospital.

"Everything is under control, Lou. The nurses are preparing him for the c-section. Nothing to worry about, even his blood pressure looks normal and everything is going perfectly fine." Blaine reassured him, pulling on his gloves.

"Okay, can I see him before he gets in?"

"Of course, just make it quick."

...

"Harry?" He whispered as he entered the room and Harry looked at him smiling sleepily.

"He is coming, Boo." He whispered back and a tear rolled down his face, but Louis managed to catch it with his thumb.

"I know, baby. You're strong, okay? They'll prepare you for the c-section and I'll be here when you wake up, alright?" Harry only nodded in response and closed his eyes.

"Love you, baby." He kissed him on the forehead and exited the room as Blaine and two more nurses came in.

Zayn joined him on the couch after they had called everyone to let them know about Harry and they should be expecting everyone in the morning. They didn't know when they fell asleep, but it was Eleanor's voice that woke them up.

"Hey, guys, wake up." Eleanor said and shook them both by their shoulders.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the room with Blaine?" Louis asked, trying to adjust to the light.

"You fell asleep, you idiot. It's been an hour, the surgery ended a few minutes ago."

"Really? How is Harry? My baby?" He rushed out and she chuckled.

"They are fine, but Harry is sleeping. He should be awake in a few hours or so. Do you want me to take you to see your son?"

"Is that even a question?" Louis answered excitedly. Zayn followed Louis who followed Eleanor as she guided them outside of a room that was full of babies. The sight was adorable, but Louis couldn't recognize his and he frowned.

"Your baby is right in the middle. He is the smallest in here. Do you want to hold him?" She questioned and Louis nodded, even though he was shaking. Eleanor picked his baby up and placed him carefully in Louis' awaiting arms.

"He is so tiny and he has Harry's mouth." He cooed. Harry's mouth was the only feature on his baby's face that he could actually make out.

"He also has your nose and the shape of your eyes." Eleanor smiled and slowly caressed his cheek.

"Really?" He whispered and let some tears fall.

"Really." She whispered back. "I have to take him now and you can go to Harry's room to see if he is awake."