Chapter 18

Harry had no intention of disappearing for a week straight, but he couldn't find the guts to face Louis. Not that the older boy had cared enough to search for him, but Harry thought he deserved that. No one understood him, though. He felt like he was growing up so quickly by having a child so early in his life, that he missed being free to do whatever he wanted.

"Harry?" Nick shouted from the kitchen, snapping him out of his thoughts. He had chosen to stay with Nick instead of the boys, because he knew his bandmates would definitely be on Louis' side and he didn't want to hear any of that.

"Dinner is ready, Harry."

Harry groaned as he smelled something burned and instantly realized that he wasn't going to eat properly once again.  Nick was a horrible cook.

"Can we go out tonight?" Harry asked, playing around with his food. It seemed like burned fusilli with some kind of tomato sauce, but the didn't dare ask Nick about what it was; he didn't want to offend him, he had put some effort to cook for the both of them.

"Are you kidding me, Harry? Going out every night to get wasted isn't healthy and it definitely won't help you solve your problems with Louis. Yes, I'm not that fond of him and neither is he, but you were the one who first wanted to marry him."

Harry had placed his fork down and was looking at anything except for his friend, who took that as a response and kept talking.

"You two used to be disgustingly adorable, you were inseparable for as long as I can remember. Harry, you felt like shit when he left you for Eleanor, yet here you are, ignoring the man and letting him raise alone the baby you are also a father of."

Harry still didn't utter a word.

"The man loves you and he has proved it to you. I honestly don't have any problem with you staying here until you get your shit together, but be honest with yourself, Haz. What are you doing here?" Nick asked, genuinely worried about his friend. It was one thing Harry loved about Nick, he didn't like Louis, but he was always unbiased with his opinions.

"I really messed up, didn't I?" Harry eventually spoke up, his voice just above a whisper.

"You really did," Nick nodded, smiling sadly. "But I think I know a few ways to fix things."

"How?"

"I'm taking you out to discuss this over proper dinner. I was waiting for you to say something over my horrible cooking skills, but you are too kind." Nick joked and Harry laughed genuinely after a whole week of not being his true self.

...

What Zayn wouldn't expect was seeing Harry and Nick together at the same restaurant he and Perrie had made reservations for their last date before Little Mix started their new tour. It seemed like the two boys hasn't noticed them, but his eyes were focused on the way Nick was comforting Harry, who looked sad and his eyes were tearful and red.

"Should we go talk to them or...?" Perrie asked suddenly, feeling bad for Louis. She wasn't sure if the sight she was watching was worthy of mentioning to her friend.

"I honestly don't know. I've got to inform, Louis, though. He deserves to know."

Perrie sighed, "It seems friendly to me and Harry looks kinda sad."

Zayn nodded his head, looking back at his bandmate who was currently wiping his cheeks with a napkin. He decided to text Louis anyway and he made sure to reassure him that Harry and Nick were only having a conversation, nothing too suspicious.

"Well?" Perrie asked, her eyebrows furrowed. Zayn passed her his phone in order for her to read the text he sent Louis and she nodded.

"Do you think he...?" She asked, giving him back his phone.

"I hope not." Zayn said and by the time they paid for their dinner, he took Perrie's hand in his, guiding her until they reached Harry's table.

"Haz, hey." Zayn greeted him and Perrie leaned down to press a kiss to his tear stained cheek.

"Oh, hey, guys. I missed you." Harry's eyes lightened up and smiled widely, his previous sad expression completely changing.

"We missed you too, how's everything? I mean, I talked to Louis, but you...Well, you haven't reached out."

"I think it's time for me to leave, glad we talked, Haz. Please don'tbe selfish for this one." Nick quickly said and said his goodbyes before leaving.

"What was he talking about?" Zayn asked, clearly confused by Nick's choice of words.

"We were actually talking about Lou." Harry frowned.

"Oh, uhm, about that..." Perrie started, talking a seat next to Harry, with Zayn joining them across the table. "I don't want you to freak out about this, but Louis..."

Harry blinked, not really getting where the conversation was going at.

"He is leaving with JJ. He is planning on spending the rest of the time off at Doncaster with his family and he's already talked to Johannah. He's booked their tickets." Zayn said everything in one go and watched as Harry's eyes widened in fright.

"No, he can't do that. When is he planning on going?"

"His flight is tonight."

_________________________________________

This chapter is edited.
24/11/2020

This chapter is also way too short and it makes me think that this whole story could actually fit into an one shot. I was so inexperienced and I'm sorry to those of you who actually read it before I edited it.😂

Anyway, let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and leave a vote if you liked it!