c h a p t e r | t h r e e

"Martha!" I shouted. She swiftly turned around.

"Oh Bri you are already here!" She said. Martha ran towards me and gave me a hug. I was too excited to contain myself and said,

"So you wanted to show me around the city?"

"Yes go tell your uncle we are leaving and we can start our adventure." She said.

Without answering I ran inside the house and up to my uncle's room.

"Martha'shereandshestakingmearoundthecitynowbye!"

I said and started to dash out of the room when George grabbed my arm.

"Slow down!" He laughed, amused by my excitement.

"Martha just got here, and she's ready to take me around the city." I said breathlessly.

"Alright have fun, don't say out too late okay. But I know you're a grown woman so, take care of yourself." He replied.

"Thanks uncle!" I shouted and ran back downstairs and out the door where Martha was waiting.

"Let's go!" I said grabbing her arm. Martha lead me to a beautiful park with the biggest fountain I'd ever seen. I flipped a coin into it as we walked past. She never let me stay at one spot too long, she said she wanted to get to as much as we could. I didn't complain.

We stopped at an older grey brick building that stood out against the red brick ones.

"What's this place?" I asked.

"Dance classes!" She replied clapping her hands into a ball.

"Dance classes? Classes for ballroom dancing? I begged father to sign me up for one of these! But he insisted mother taught me. I know how to dance, why am I here?" I asked turning toward Martha's very excited face.

"You're not learning anything at this school. You're going to be teaching!" She said with a giant grin. I grabbed here shoulders and bounced up and down.

"I'm teaching dancing to children?"

"Yes!" She replied and calmed my bouncing. "I signed you up as a teacher just before I came home."

"Thanks so much Aunt Martha. It means the world to me."

And only after a few more stops around, the sun began to set. We stopped at a bench by a very nosy bar. I was going to grab Martha's arm and insist we sit somewhere else when I heard a name being shouted from inside.
" -Burr give us a verse drop some knowledge."

I turned around to Martha.

"Did you hear that? From inside they said Burr, as in Aaron Burr!"

Martha looked at me confused.

"You know! The Aaron Burr from the papers! Headlined: Prodigy of Princeton College." I said. "Martha can I please go inside. Remember I'm 20 I can handle myself. I may even have a few drinks."

She sighed but said, "Alright stay safe and have fun. I'll let George know."

"Thank you!" I said as I kissed her on the cheek and walked inside the bar.