c h a p t e r | s e v e n t e e n

BRIELLE'S POV

I woke up with the worst headache ever.

What even happened last night?

I groaned and rolled over in my bed, not wanted to get up for a long while.

I woke up again about two hours later. My headache was even worse.

Did I really drink that much?

I guess I'm staying in bed all day.

3 HOURS LATER

I know it was later in the day, I could tell for the sun was lower then it was earlier. I still haven't left my bed. I really didn't plan on it either.

I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep once more so I didn't have to feel my headache. But someone knocked on the door.

I let out a long groan and stood up.

Another bad idea.

My head started spinning and I fell on the ground.

"Ow." I grunted.

The knocks got louder and faster. I decided to give up.

"COME IN IM IN MY ROOM!" I yelled.

I heard the door open and a pair of footsteps echo up the stairs.

John walked in.

"Umm.. why are you on the floor?" He asked.

"I fell." I said weakly. "I was coming to get the door."

"Hey are you okay?" He asked and helped me back on my bed.

"Noooo." I whined.

"Hangover?" He asked.

"Yes." I grunted and he laughed. He started rubbing my back as I lay stomach side on my bed.

"So why did you come here?" I asked him.

"Eliza and Alex wanted to know if you wanted to help them with wedding planning, but seeing you now I think that's a no."

"You know you don't have to stay." I said, but I really didn't want him to go.

"No my baby doesn't feel well. I have to make her feel better. Plus remember my last hangover?"

I chuckled, "Yup. You would of been dead if I hadn't come over."

"Exactly."

We sat in silence for a few moments until I went into a coughing fit.

"Hey Bri!" John said patting my back he was previously rubbing.

I couldn't answer, coughs racked my body. Seconds later it slowed down. I leaned against John and groaned.

"Are you sure sure this is just a hangover love?" He asked worriedly.

He put his hand against my forehead.

"You're burning up!" He said and stood up looking around for something to help me.

"Okay okay. I'm going to go get a cold wash cloth."

He didn't wait for a reply and ran out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

I was so dizzy, my head was pounding and I was cold. I wrapped myself in a blanket and fell asleep, not waiting for John to return.

2 HOURS LATER

I slowly opened my eyes to see my Uncle and John sitting at the end of my bed talking.

"Has she eaten anything today?" My Uncle asked.

"I don't think so sir, she's been sleeping all day. I came over in request from Eliza, and found her on the floor. She was burning up."

Washington sighed and looked over at me, noticing my eyes were open. He rushed over to me.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asked and felt my head.

"Worse." I croaked. I wanted to cry. I don't think I'd ever been this sick.

John and my Uncle looked at me concerned, their eye brows furred with worry.

"What hurts?" John asked.

"My head, my throat, my stomach." I said. "Just everything!"

"Are you dizzy?" Washington asked.

"Extremely."

"Okay, Brielle I'm going to call a doctor over. Can you stay awake until then?" He asked.

"I don't think so." I said my eyes feeling heavy.

"Okay then go to sleep." John whispered.

My eyes already started to close, but I could swear there were tears in his eyes.