c h a p t e r | e i g h t

I was super excited, so I ran home hoping to get there as soon as Martha arrives. And somehow, I did. I ran up the gravel, out of breathe and caught Martha as soon as she was opening the door.

"There's a Winter Ball?" I exclaimed breathlessly.

"You found out?" She asked. "It was going to be a surprise! I should of guessed with all your new boyfriends one of them was bound to ask you. You would of found out eventually.

"No one asked me out!" I blushed. "Can we go dress shopping pretty please?"

"Of course, we can finish before Washington returns."

TIMMMEEEE SKIPPPP

We did not finish before my Uncle returned.

It wasn't until the sun had set both Martha and I were satisfied with my choice. Martha let me get five dresses, for future events too. The one I was going to wear to the ball was a light purple, almost a periwinkle blue. But not quite. It has elbow length sleeves and a lacy upper half. The bottom reached my feet and was poofy. I was in love.

And trust me I thanked Martha the whole carriage ride home. She helped me carry in my dresses and after they were put in my wardrobe I ran to my Uncle's office.

"Uncle Uncle!" I exclaimed. "Martha took me shopping and I got the most beautiful dresses! I mean, I know you're a guy and don't really care. Well, your also the commander and you probably don't think about petty dresses. But, I'm so excited! Do you want to see? I really-"

My Uncle cut me off with a laugh. "Bri slow down! What do you need these dresses for anyway?"

"uhh"

"Brielle?" He questioned.

I wasn't sure how he was going to react so I slowly responded,

"The Winter's Ball Sunday.."

"The one Ball where everyone gets drunk? The one with men everywhere? Are you going with a date?" He stared me down.

"I'm just going to have fun Uncle I promise." I gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Alright sweetheart." he responded calmly.

"So, do you want to see my dresses?" I smiled.

"I would love to, but I can't. I have lot's of work to do. Too much work. I'm drowning in it." he sighed. "I could really use some help. A right hand man."

"Could I suggest someone?" I asked curiously.

"Who could you possibly know who could assist me?" He questioned.

"I don't know him too well, but I know he has big dreams Uncle. Alexander Hamilton. Man, he's my age, but he could write. He's good with his words." I told him. (The dates and ages will add up soon pls pretend Alexander is 20.)

"We'll see." he responded in deep thought and walked into his office, closing the door behind me.

I sighed and walked into my room to go to sleep. I dreamed of the Winter's Ball.

(A/N: okay short chapter I know. But next chapter I plan to be a day with Laurens and maybe Alexander will pop in. Then the following chapter will be the longest yet, it will be the Winter's Ball. Stay tuned!)