c h a p t e r | n i n e t e e n

After breakfast I got dressed and bathed. John insisted he joined me. He said he could help me "wash faster".

I pushed him down the stairs.

But, to make him satisfied I winked at him and said, "maybe later."

Good thing my dad had left by then.

After I was ready with my hair braided, John and I joined hands to walk to the Schuyler house.

As we were walking John said, "I'm very glad you're feeling well." and kissed my hand.

I smiled, "Me too. I really thought I was goner."

"Don't say that!" he said. "I never doubted you for a second."

"Lies."

"Nope."

"Yes."

"Nope.

"Yes."

"Okay, maybe once. I was worried. We all were. I know you were asleep most of the time, but we all were worried. I think Washington the most." John said.

"Well, now I'm fine. Let's not talk about it anymore." I said.

"Then what shall we talk about?" he said.

"Anything." I smiled.

"Anything." He sighed and pretended to think. "Later." he smirked.

I remembered what I had told him earlier.

"You're slowly losing your chances!" I giggled at him.

The rest of the walk was spent rambling on about anything. That was our thing. But soon. we arrived at the house. John knocked at the door.

It swung open immediately to reveal Alexander there. His face perked up once he caught sight of me.

"Brielle!" he shouted and gave me the biggest hug. "I was so worried." He said, muffled into my dress.

"I'm okay now." I insisted.

Upon hearing my name Eliza came up right behind Alex.

"Oh. you're alright!" She said and hugged me. "Please come inside."

She led us inside to which I got attacked by Peggy.

"BRI!" We both fell to the ground and ended up in a mess of giggles. "You have been cured!" She put her hands straight in the air.

"Yes by a wizard Peggy." I laughed and got up, helping Peggy up in the process. The others walked out of the room to gather everyone else that was there. I took this moment of peace to my advantage.

"How's Hercules?" I raised my eyebrows.

Peggy immediately turned red. "Why do y-you ask?"

I died of laughter. We didn't get to finish our conversation to Peggy's relief as Angelica flew into the room.

"Brielle!" She shouted.

"I'm tired of hearing my name being called at me." I laughed to which she laughed with me.

I brought her into a hug.

"It's so good to see you again." I said.

"As it is to see you. Are you excited for the wedding?" She asked.

"Thrilled!" I jumped up and down. "I thought for sure I wouldn't be well enough to attend the wedding. Now that I'm for sure I can, I'm even more excited."

She laughed while Lafayette and Hercules walked in with Eliza and John.

"Tu es en vie Brielle!" Laf said.

I gave him a huge hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too" he mumbled into my hair, because he was so much taller than me.

Hercules gave me the tightest high I have ever had the misfortune of receiving.

"Okay okay! Herc I'm alive! Please don't kill me!" I laughed and John took my hand.

"So last minute wedding planning?" I asked looking to all of them. "We'll fill me in."