c h a p t e r | t w e n t y o n e

John and I danced for hours, myself getting dizzy from spinning around the dance floor so many times. And it was great. The best kind of dizzy I've ever been. I danced with each of the Schuyler sisters including Eliza. Who I guess is now a Hamilton. I danced with Alexander for a particularly long time. And Laf kept stepping on my feet, but it made the night all the more perfect. I swear I had to pull Hercules off of Peggy to get him to dance with me. But eventually he gave in and danced, surprisingly elegantly.

And as it got later the guys and gals split up for their own drinks. John, Lafayette, Hercules and Alex went to the bar where chairs and tables were set around. Eliza, Angelica, Peggy and I grabbed drinks from the bar, but went a separate way from the boys. We needed girl time.

We talked for a while, slowly getting drunk in the process. I went back to the bar where the men were several times to get more rounds of drinks. But when we were on our third round and I went back to get more drinks. I couldn't help but hear John repeat what I heard the first time I met him.

"I may not live to see our glory!" he slurred.

I walked up behind him and joined in, remembering the night we met. Best night of my life.

"I may not live to see our glory!" We repeated. And upon hearing my voice all their heads turned to me and smiled. John hulled me up on a chair with him.

"But I've seen wonders great and small!" he continued.

"I've seen wonders great and small!" we repeated.

"'Cause if the tomcat can get married!" he said and looked at me. To which I laughed so hard I couldn't even repeat the sentence. Martha's cat was name Hamilton. John laughed at my laugh and continued,

"There's hope for our ass after all!"

Lafayette butted in, "Raise a glass to freedom!"

We all raised our glasses and John and Herc said, "Something you will never see again!"

Alex laughed.

"No matter what she tells you!" Mulligan insisted.

"Raise a glass to all of us!" I said.

"Ho!!!" Alexander and John yelled.

"To the newly not poor of us!" Herc said again.

"Woo!"

"We'll tell the story of tonight!" I concluded.

"Let's have another round-" John started but got cut off by Alex. I noticed Aaron Burr walk in.

"Well, if it isn't Aaron Burr!" Hamilton said.

"Sir!" Burr replied.

"I didn't think that you would make it." Alex said.

"To be sure." Aaron cut him off.

"Burr!" Lafayette and John said.

"I came to say congratulations." He tried to continue.

"Spit a verse, Burr!"