c h a p t e r | f o u r t y o n e

(A/N: I'm writing 3 books all at once someone kill me)
John's POV

Today. Today today today today today.

Today I was proposing. And, it turns out, I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

Well, like I have a plan and everything. BUT WHAT THE HELL. So many thoughts run through my mind of Brielle's response. It could literally be anything! She probably regrets getting attached to me anyway, if she even is attached to me.

I woke up that day and rushed to the Schuyler's. Eliza, Angelica and Peggy were already waiting there for me.

"Come in!!" Angelica said, pulling me in. We discuss the plan one last time, and that was that.

They squealed when I pulled out the ring they helped pick out.

"She's going to love it, John." Eliza reassured me.

"But what if-"

"No buts!"

I sighed. "Mkay mom."

They giggled.

"Okay, stop stalling and go already!" Peggy said, now pushing me out the door.

"Remember we will meet you at town center!" They yell as I was rushed outside.

The door was slammed shut.

Whelp here goes nothing.

___________

I knock on the Washington Manor's door.

After a few moments it swings open revealing Brielle.

"John!" She says and kisses me right in the lips.

"I missed you so much." She murmurs.

"Yeah, I've been working my ass off. But's it's worth it. Here go put on a nice dress, and meet me out here. We are going on a date!"

She giggles adorably and runs out, coming back in a fancier gown.

"Well then onwards Madam." I joke, holding out my arm.

"Yes sir!" She says grabbing my arm.

I walk her to the place I asked her to come to the Winter's Ball with me. Right under the tree, where Alexander her and I would talk for hours.

We both instantaneously sit down in our spot, gazing at the leaves hung above us from the tree.

"We haven't came in here in a while." She says.

"I know." I sigh

And then, for about an hour or so we just talk. Like we always do under this tree. We mainly talked about the future. What would come when I go to war.

How we would stay connected through our letters, always with a big smiley face on the front.

I could tell she was worried, worried about everything life was going to bring soon.

I sit up and grab her hand. "Okay, today's not over. Let's go out to lunch." I suggest.

"Anywhere as long as I'm with you.

I flush at her words, but smile none the less.

"Alright then."

I lead her to a new restaurant for lunch, and the person took our order. We small talked majority of the time, keeping our conversation away from the inevitable future.

After the peaceful lunch, I took her to the fountain in town center for a walk.

Whelp here goes nothing.

I made sure that the Schuyler sisters were in place, watching with wide eyes and encouraging smiles.

Alexander was by Eliza's side, and Laf and Herc behind the fountain.

"Hey.. Brielle. I think it's best we stay here." I say when she wants to continue walking.

"But John-" she stops when she realizes my nervous state. "Well okay."

We sit by the fountain hand and hand, and finally it's time to take action.

"Brielle, you know I love you right?"

"Of course John." She said, confused.

"Well, I don't think you do. You see, I'm in love with your smile, your dimples when you talk. The way your blue eyes sparkle when you're excited, and when you jump up and down. I adore you Brielle, but not only that. You're prefect. Your personality is one every girl in town should be jealous of. You put everyone in front of yourself to reassure happiness. I love that about you Brielle. I love you."

She is in tears now, hand covering her mouth in shock.

"And, New York City is a darker place now. Anything can happen, and I want a life with you Brielle. I realize that now. So, Brielle Heather Washington, will you marry me?"

I get down on one knee, a single tear falling down my face as well. (This is so cheesy kms)

"Yes! Oh my god yes!" She cries running into my arms, her lips finding mine immediately.

Alex and Laf wolf whistle, Herc and Peggy now hand in hand.

Eliza and Angelica are spinning around in circles, squealing.

That girl is mine. That girl is mine!

Whelp. Not for long.

(Okay, this book is ending soon. There is going to be a second one after this book is over, I'll do a deep explanation on that later. But, if I continued this book it would be over 100 chapters and that's why I'm splitting it into two. Only like... 4 chapters left?? Be prepared 😉)