c h a p t e r | t w e n t y t w o

John has been telling me for the past two days that we needed a date day. A day for just him and I. And today was that day. He's been rambling on and on about it all morning, following me around as I got ready. Rushing me to get ready faster. I threw my corset on, him standing behind me.

"Stop rushing me!" I complained. "Help me tighten this." I said gesturing to my back.

"Well I can't say no to that." He replied scanning my body.

I scoffed and he came up behind me and helped me tie it.

"Come on cheer up love." John said finishing my corset. "No more frowns today. I want today to be perfect, enjoy yourself."

"How can I say no to that." I said mocking him. He smirked and took my hand and led me out the door.

We walked around the park and the fountain talking to each other while holding hands for a good while. We decided to circle the fountain one last time. John had other plans afterward.

"So what's after this?" I asked.

"Surprise." He smirked.

"You do that a lot." I replied and poked his cheek.

"Do what?"

"You know, that thing where one side of your mouth quirks up. It shows that little dimple of yours. And then you always smile afterwards. It's cute" I finished and poked his cheek again.

He blushed. "Thanks?"

"Yes. It was a compliment please do thank me." I said sarcastically to which he laughed.

We swayed our held hands back and forth and enjoyed the quiet.

"You know I love you, right?" John broke the silence.

"Yes of course!" I was surprised by the question. "I love you too."

He looked down.

"Are you okay?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Fine. I'm fine. It's just- I don't feel like I say it enough. I love you Brielle. So much." He said.

"I love you too John. With all my heart- you know are you sure okay?"

"Would you still love me, even if I was gone." He stopped himself. "Not like dead! But away. Would you find someone else? Would it make you happier if you were with someone else?"

He was being way to suspicious for this to just be a casual question.

"Okay, something is bothering you. Spill it."

We stopped walking and I turned to face him. He picked his head up and smiled.

"You know what forget it. I'm ruining our perfect day." He grabbed my hand and we continued to walk.

I stopped him again.

"John something is up with you and I'd like to know what." I urged, starting to get worried. He must of noticed and said,

"You know what, let's finish our day. Then I'll tell you. Deal?"

"Deal."

And so we circled the fountain one more time, this time in silence. When we finished he stopped walking.

"I know it's a beautiful day outside, but I have reservations at a certain restaurant.." he started.

My eyes widened. "No way."

"Yup." He smiled. "That little fancy place you've always wanted to go to? I got us a nice little window seat."

I kissed pecked him on the cheek.

"Thanks love."

(A/N: I KNOW I KNOW REALLY REALLY SHORT CHAPTER I'M SORRY. THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONG AND POSTED VERY SOON. Thank you for 500 reads btw! That's crazy. Thank you so much for reading.)