c h a p t e r | t w e n t y e i g h t

(A/N: A lot of switching between POV's this chapter. Hope you don't mind.)

Brielle's POV

They left me in the cell for what felt like days, but I knew it was only a few hours. There was no way I could tell what time it is, but I know sometime today all my friends were going off to war.

I had been passed out in a cell for the 3 days I had left to spend with my friends. And my John.

And now they're fighting in a battle, leaving me to the inevitable death in British hands. There's no way there will be time to save me. Yet, they wanted Eliza originally.

I hope she's safe.

I hear voices and footsteps pounding down to my cell. I look up and squint through the darkness to see Eliza tied in rope, and 4 red coats behind her.

She looked at me with fear.

"Eliza!" I yelled.

She tried answering but there was rope around her mouth.

No, they went back for her too! Who else did they take?

"Shut up you two, the king wants you guys specifically. Come on Washington." One guard said.

"Should I be honored? Meeting the king isn't an everyday thing to do." I said sarcastically.

The guard kicked me in the stomach to which Eliza squealed in fear. He proceeded to tie rope around my mouth and tighten the rope already aground my wrists, my stomach aching.

I winced in pain as he tightened it, the rope digging into my skin. The same guard hurled me up and led Eliza and I to our doom.

John's POV (2 days earlier aka where last chapter left off)

Lafayette, Hercules and I went to the Schuyler house to tell them of our theory. And if we are right, then everyone there is in potential danger. Alex walked home with them to comfort Eliza, so we were hoping he was still there.

We arrived and knocked on the door, Hamilton answering.

"What are you guys doing here? The girls are pretty distressed it's not a great time." He said.

"It's important Alex, they're in danger." I said.

He looked at me, confused and Laf added "Well, maybe."

Alex hesitated but let us in.

We rushed inside, Alex following us.

"Guys there's something we need to tell you." Hercules said as we found the Schuyler sisters present on their couch.

"What?" Peggy asked.

And so Hercules explained our theory of how maybe the red coats' initial goal was to capture one of them.

At this, Peggy started crying and Eliza got up and walked into a wall, missing the exit. Alexander rushed to her side while Hercules ran over to comfort Peggy. He stroked her head while she cried into his chest.