c h a p t e r | t h i r t y n i n e

(A/N: WE HAVE JUST HIT 5K HOLY SHIT.)

Brielle's POV

It had been an entire week since Eliza and I's return, and everyone had settled down.

My dad was still freakishly overprotective, John being the same, but I found comfort in it.

Today John and Alexander were called to some sort of meeting with my father, so they were hauled up in his office currently.

I know both John and Alex held important places in the small rag tag army, so it must be necessary.

Considering all the events previously, I thought a break was of upmost importance, but I guess one small meeting could be fit in.

They've already been in Washington's office for a few hours, so I figured they'd be in there all day, hence why I decided to head over to the Schuyler's.

I quickly put on a casual dress and headed out the door.

The walk to the Schuyler home was a short one, and most uneventful. But when I knocked on the wooden door, it swung open to reveal.. Lafayette

"Hello Laf.. what are you doing here?" I asked.

He rubbed his hand through his curls, messing up his bun.

"Oh, Brielle, mon ami, I was visiting my favorite Schuyler sisters." He smiled.

"Hercules dragged you along didn't he?" I ask.

He nodded and I laughed.

"Well, I was coming over to visit anyway! May as well visit you all since everyone's here."

"Eerm, but not Alex and Laurens." Laf pointed out.

"Don't remind me." I sigh, letting myself into the house, walking into the living room.

Angelica and Eliza were sitting on the couch, talking most likely about Alexander and Peggy was sat on top of Hercules' lap.

"Get a room!" I yell, making an entrance.

Peggy looks up at the sound of my voice.

"Brielle, of your visiting!" She cheered.

I sigh stupidly, "No, duh I'm here to eat all your food Margarita."

"Don't call me that!" She yelled and wacked me beside the head.

"Is this normal for Americans?" Laf questioned holding up a finger.

"Uhh, for Peggy, absolutely." I say.

"I see you do the smacking as well to poor John and Alexander." He retorts. I ignore him.

"Margarita?" Herc asks.

"Peggy's real name." You teased, making her growl.

"Yeah, and don't call her it again, she bites." Eliza warned walking towards our group. Angelica followed.

"Well I think it's beautiful." Herc insisted and Peggy's entire face turned red.