c h a p t e r | s i x t e e n

(A/N: What would all of my non existing readers think of A Lafayette story? I may or may not of started one.)

JOHN'S POV

An hour later, we could see a carriage coming from the distance. Actually, Eliza's the one who spotted in. She grabbed our shoulders.

"Guys look! A carriage!" she yelled, pointing at the incoming carriage. "It has to be them."

I know Alex well enough to know he was about to say some sarcastic remark, but I gave him a look. We were very patient.

Well, patient as if it meant running after the carriage and jumping around it until it came to an early stop. We backed up so they would be able to open the door.

Washington came out first to which we all greeted him. He held Brielle's hand and helped her hop out. As soon as she was on two feet, we surrounded her with a giant group hug.

She squealed, "Guys! Air!" to which Washington chuckled, saying he would meet Brielle at the house later.

We released her giving her a moment to breathe. Just when she caught her breath, I scooped her up and kissed her. The kiss lasted a few moments before we released.

I noticed that she was no longer pale, and had a smile on her face. Her cheeks were no longer tear stained, but instead full of color. I noticed her eyes were bright and full instead of red and puffy.

What I didn't notice was that she said something to me.

"What did you say love?" I asked. "I was to distracted by your beautiful face."

She smiled and said, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Everyone around us pretend to barf, or made a disgusted face.

"Hey!" I shouted at Alexander. "As if you and Eliza don't go all romantic in public."

"Speaking of Eliza and Hamilton.." Lafayette started, leaning in towards the perfect away Eliza could announce her wedding.

Brielle turned around to face Laf with a confused face.

"What about Alexander and Eliza?" She asked.

Eliza walked up to her and held her hands, with a sad face.

"You see. Um.. Alex and I.." Eliza started, Brielle immediately getting worried.

It pained me to see her like that again. But I knew it was a joke.

Eliza continued. "Alex and I.. ARE GETTING MARRIED!"

A smile returned to Bri's face.

" Congratulations! Oh! I'm so excited. You jerk though! I thought you were going to say you broke up." Bri pouted.

"That was the goal!" Alexander said.

Brielle punched him.

"Abusive!! Send her back to Virginia!" Alex shouted and ran away, to which Brielle started to chase him.